[RELEASE] Device Activity Check - Get notifications for "inactive" devices

You're looking too hard. :smiley:

Click/tap into the group (in the regular UI, of course), and you'll get all options, including the ability to change the interval.

1 Like

I'm such an idiot. :flushed: Thanks, Robert.

@bertabcd1234 Thanks for a nice app. I have just installed in. However it has an issue... when I get my daily inactivity notifications in the Hubitat app, they stay for like 3 sec and disappear... not enough time to review.

go in the app on your phone and select notifications to review all prior notifications..

1 Like

Is there anyway to append the activity report to a variable for RM usage? I am trying to use custom notification sound for a specific report as I use pushover for my notifications. Or a clever way to append custom verbiage to the notification?

Would it make sense to setup another instance of the app and then you can send the notification to a different notification device? I think you can setup multiple pushover "devices" if I am not mistaken.

Otherwise, would it work if you pushed the notification to a virtual notification device (that stores it as an attribute)? Then you could grab the attribute from RM.

Here is a link to the Virtual Notification driver I have used before: Getting more out of notifications - #2 by thebearmay

2 Likes

Awesome. I didn't even think of making another pushover device and setting the default sound to a custom selection.

However, the virtual notifications is a fantastic approach. I could utilize this even further for other needs. Thank you, @jtp10181. :raised_hands:

Yes you can and you get an additional 10k notifications per month … or whatever it is.

I have a separate pushover ID for messages from my edgerouter setup - originally configured while I was debugging my arp notifier but I have left it in place. I was also thinking about setting up separate IDs for each HE.

Luckily I never go over 10k to need another pushover account. JTP is correct that you can have unlimited devices in HE under 1 pushover account. I went with the route of creating another pushover virtual device under my original account, specifically for this report to have custom notification sound. I tried virtual notification driver to push the report to an RM rule with custom sound, but it added html code from that driver to the pushover message that I didn't want to see. It also seemed like another rule that doesn't need to be ran to achieve the same results once the first report triggers.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t even hit 1k in a month myself but when I was debugging my arp driver I hit 1k in a few days. It was also nice to separate the traffic in the pushover interface.
I have three HEs that all use the same pushover key so I have to send a hub identifier with certain messages. I just thought individual keys would make it simpler.

Hi,
I would like to trigger an event based on the online-offline status of a wifi device. I only have status, not capability, so I cannot use Rule manager or webcore without checking the status every hours or so. I would like to minitor real time and update a variable or a switch, anything that can help trigger my webcore piston as soon as my device turn online. Is there something this app can do?
Thanks!

No.

This app allows you to

I still think it would ultimately do what you are looking for, just not in the exact way that you are wanting (which is normally unreliable, though I am not familiar with your specific device).

1 Like

All,

I've released version 2.3 with the following changes:

• Added search to device list for groups (thanks to @jtp10181 for suggesting this)
  • Added LAN and cloud report page options mentioned above, technically added in v2.2 that was never put in HPM, so it may be new to lots of people. Using these options requires OAuth. See the ReadMe in GitHub if you are not sure how to enable this, or you may keep using the app as-is without doing so.
8 Likes

In the notification is there any way to separate out/group the battery percentages from the inactivity in the list? Thanks.

In the same instance,no; you can, however, create as many as you want.

1 Like

I have two separate groups already. One for battery percentage and another for inactivity. Can I send two separate notifications at different times to separate them from each other?

Sorry for any confusion; I meant separate app instances, not groups. This is not possible within the same app instance. However, you can install multiple instances of the app, each with entirely different configuration, which may suit your needs

2 Likes

Separate app instances will work for my use case. Thank you for the clarification.

Hi,

I've found this thread from searching on "lastActivityTime". I recently ran into an issue with a zigbee contact switch using a driver someone contributed "Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches".

TLDR: it has a "presence" check that runs every N hours, and this was fooling my app into thinking the device (with dead batter) was still having daily activity

Is there a better field to use for checking the last time communication came from the battery powered device?

Also, apologies if this app here already does this, I looked at the source for this app here and saw it using

dev.getLastActivity()?.getTime()

I'm using

it.device.lastActivityTime.getTime()

which looks like the same thing?

Here was the log that fooled me:

And here is the device option for "presence" check

If this driver is by an author who is no longer maintaining their drivers (and was well known for using this attribute for that purpose), I'd suggest moving to a different driver if you can.

But either way, this app can work. You, of course, can't use the "Last Activity At"-based detection method, but you can use the "presence attribute" option for that group instead. (Each group has options for how you want to monitor the devices.)