Wifi device status not considered as trigger

Hi,
I use the tuya/smart life integration and I have a wifi switch that I would like to use the status to trigger a piston from webcore. So I used the status change to 'Active' trigger but it looks like its not considered as trigger because there is no spark symbol beside the condition and its not working!
I would like to trigger my piston when the status become active to ensure that if I want to move the switch it will turn back on if it should be on and same thing for power outage.
Any ideas on this?
thanks!

This sounds like a Webcore issue? If so, would you like it moved to the Webcore section?

yes! thanks!

1 Like

Maybe @nh.schottfam can help?

Normally a switch will either be on or off, don’t recall Active being a valid option.

should show the piston, and the device attributes / event history of the device

I want to run the piston if the device come back online to toggle the switch the right position so the on-off state is not an option.

here the device detail, the piston is just a if trigger (if switch status change to 'online') and the spark symbol is not there and nothing is triggered. So, it looks like webcore not 'awake' by the status change. Is it something I could solve from within the driver? I already added some line to be able to use scene as real switch in webcore, not just a push button... (its the smart life/ tuya driver)

I saw other post with the same issue to use in those case healthstatus as trigger... So if this would ever work, is there a way to suggest it as feature update in webcore? And also, within my driver, would I be able to check the device name on a status change and flip a virtual switch from there?

Thanks!

Really need to see the piston and the device attributes.

The picture above is part of the device page, but not the attributes. Attributues are "Current States" in the device page closer to the top.

Yes, I just realize that those are juste current status and not capability... The only capability is like normal switch (on-off). I try to find now how could I add thi capability, I m not a programmer so I would need I little help if its possible to do so!
Do you know someone or a kind of tutorial that could help? Its a main device with refresh that pull data and all devices are child...
Thanks !

@birdslikewires I just see that your drivers is able to work with healthstatus capability, so I was wondering if you can help me to add this capability to some of my drivers. In the first one, I see the health check capability but no healthstatus or nothing that could be use in rule manager or webcore... I know that healthstatus is used by ST but if hubitat have health check capability and your driver got it, it should have a way to update mine?
Thanks

To use in RM I believe you need to pick "custom attribute" to make use of it.

I'm afraid I'm not in a position to help with driver development, but you essentially just need to implement a means of saving when the last message was received by the device and a counter for how long you'd expect the device to be considered missing before triggering the state change.

Feel free to lift anything you like from my drivers though.

Yes, but I have not the status there. I was hoping to find a way to add it to driver but seems complicated!
For now, I do almost what you said, I made a piston in webcore that run every 5 minutes and check if status of device is ONLINE and if offline it set a variable to 0 and if online set it to one but if the variable was 0 before set it to 1 it will run the other piston with argument to set the device there.
It’s a little complicated and use some process power but it works!
Thanks for your reply!