[Release] Danfoss Living Connect and POPP Radiator Thermostat

First pass as the ST version i had running didnt work

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mark-C-uk/Hubitat/master/Danfoss%20Living%20Connect%20and%20POPP%20Radiator%20Thermostat

3 Likes

Hi I have the very same Radiator thermostats. Are your working? Neither of links work above. Could you please post your drivers here?

I've thrown a lot of time trying to get these to work with very limited success so far!

Try the raw link
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mark-C-uk/Hubitat/master/Danfoss%20Living%20Connect%20and%20POPP%20Radiator%20Thermostat

Let me know how you get on

Not sure what is happening but the links still not working but I managed to find them anyway.
Are both types working for you?
I'm going to have a play now. Thanks!

I've fixed the link (I hope)
Yea they work fine for me. Just remember the daniflos (I think) doesn't report temp so the driver replaces what would be null for temp with the setpoint

only issue found was in summer when their not used is the lose the vale position so i have this rule to function them (it also runs the central heating to pump some water round but thats not real needed)

Ah, one of the last missing pieces in my migration from Smartthings. Thanks, will try this out!

These are working great now. I have also added a similar rule(no pumping). Thank you ever so much for writing this driver.

1 Like

I'm having issues where when I start to use these devices Zwave control eventually stops. Do you use Alexa to set the thermostats at all? I have tested this and it seems to work but I need to try doing something different to nail down what I am doing wrong. Can you also confirm that you use the built in Thermostat scheduler?

I Don't use the built in thermostat schedule.
Use Google no problem
Z-wave lock ups around once a week, try turning reporting frequency down, I have mine on 15 min.
I don't think it is the device, I just think if it starts sending reports at same time as another it overloads the hub, do a search for z-wave storms

@mark.cockcroft Thanks for porting this from ST. Time for my migration from ST to Hubitat came as well. I am using your driver on ST without any issues. However, here I am able to pair the TRV but after that there is no communication between the hub and the device :frowning: Anyone had such issues?

No, they are sleeping devices so only wake up now and again, there is a preference setting for the interval,

Yeah, I have been waiting overnight for events but nothing is seen on the Hub side. Now I did get E5 error on the TRV, which is strange. Tried resetting and pairing again a couple of times...

Been ages since I looked, what is e5 erro

It says: The thermostat is not receiving the expected replies from the control system.

If you guys did not have issues I guess it is something on my end :slight_smile: I will continue to troubleshoot.

Hit config, pull the battery wait and put them back in.
I've just bind one because it dropped off after 5 years on ST then HE, couldn't get it to reconnect, it was only about 5ft from hub. Yours migjt be duff

Thanks for the info.

I have just unpaired it from ST where it was working just fine. Will try another one with HE and probably try to add this one back to ST.

I actually got back battery level reading but just that. Activity time stamp updates so it seems like TRV talks to HE but HE cannot configure the TRV.

P.S. This is my hub info:
Hubitat Elevation® Platform Version
Hardware Version
Rev C-7

I do not see any versioning on the driver.

Its a sleeping device so the driver should hold onto the message until it hears from the device.
How did you install the driver?
I would suggest going to git hub, clicking raw then copy url and import the driver via url.
Also you sure you have swapped the driver to mine on the device page near the bottom?
Post some screen shots ifmits easier

That is why it is odd. It hears from the device as I eventually get some battery level reading but none of the config commands work. I tried another TRV and it is the same behaviour and when I paired it back to ST it works. I have those - Popp-POPE010101.

I think first I did import the driver with the github raw url. I then copy and pasted to make sure everything is fine. I have updated it to the proper device type.

Those are the only events I get for two hours (they are only hub commands):

Here are some logs:
dev:1682021-01-18 16:09:17.293 errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invok - Pastebin.com

ok re import from git and click config, backing it was looking for the heatingsetpoint but it didnt exsit yet

1 Like