[RELEASE] Combined Presence

hi. how do you use it with alexa?

Are you using Alexa for your presence sensor?
If you are then this would just be another sensor to combine with.
So for example: Bill HE + Bill Alexa + Bill Life360 = Bill Smith: what you're going to automate with.
When Bill Smith comes home turn on lights.

There are other blogs on how to use Alexa as a presence sensor.

At a high level this is what this application does.
https://community.hubitat.com/t/alexa-phone-app-is-getting-geofencing-another-mobile-presence-option-for-hubitat/6938

I'm not sure if it's the best way but I created a Virtual Presence with Switch device and then have Alexa turn that on and off when I arrive and leave. It's been working great with Combined Presence.

so you only need to allow alexa know your location the whole time?

Yes, any presence sensor needs to this. You can even use IFTTT to do that too and use WebCalls to accomplish this.

I have a request if it's not already possible to specify a time to wait before marking presence as away.

I have had a few times recently where I have been coming home and my presence was detected so Advanced Combiner set to present then within a few seconds (turning a corner maybe?) my presence changed to not present again so Advanced Combiner set to Not present then within a few seconds my presence was detected again but Advanced Presence failed to set the presence to present (maybe because it was currently setting it to not present just then?).

This happened yesterday but I didn't notice it until late last night since my wife was home when I was away so the alarm never activated but I have a few automations based on one of us being away which is why I noticed it.

So I was thinking if I could say a presence sensor must be away for 30 seconds or a minute before setting it to away it might help. I would still want the change to present to be instant of course so the alarm gets disabled.

Thanks.

First, I would like to say that this application works great in most cases. Application is the best one that I have used yet.

Here is an example of an issue I see from time to time where things get out sync.
User Kate = GPS (LIFE 360) + Wi-Fi.
GPS and WIFI are working correctly and are reporting correctly

GPS

WIFI- UNIFI

Combined Presence

Please, let me know what you think.

Ok, so this is after Kate has left the house? And the Life360 and Unifi are both showing "not present", but the combined one is still "present". And it sounds like this happens sometimes, but not all the time?

Can you send a screenshot of your config page for the combiner? Thanks!

Yes, you are correct. Thank you for looking at this. You have been great with this.

This sounds exactly like what I have seen at least 3 times in the last few months twice on my presence device and once on my wife's.

That’s very interesting. I am not seeing that at all on my hub. I wonder if something in the latest firmware is causing it? I’m a couple versions back right now.

First time that I know of but I was alerted today at work that I arrived home. Not sure why. Anyone else?

Can you check in the events for your source presence sensors, and see if any of them recorded a "PRESENT" event while you were at work?

They both show "present" all lower case when present.
"not present" when they are not present.

Hi. I just installed Combined Presence via the Hubitat Package Manager. The problem, and I've now installed/uninstalled three times is that it does not show in the app list. Ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

Did you go to the apps page and select Add User App? HPM loads/updates the source code which adds it to the available list, but the final install is done from the apps page.

Of course, I didn't! Had no idea I'd have to do that. Thanks!

1 Like

Took me 6-7 installs before I started getting it right the first time.

This is as far back as I could go. Right after another incident this morning. I rebooted my phone this morning after it happened again and has not acted up since. I will grab the logs quicker next time.

Suddenly my wife's presence changed for no reason

Name Value Unit Description Text Source Type Date

presence present Carrie Sarcone has arrived DEVICE 2021-11-16 07:51:29.347 PM EST
presence not present Carrie Sarcone has departed DEVICE 2021-11-16 07:51:23.595 PM EST

It looks like for some reason HE sensor change (present to not back to present) but L360 and the WiFi hadn't changed.

Maybe I don't understand it. However, I would think unless two out of the three sensors had changed it should change the combined sensor.