[RELEASE - BETA] - "YoLink™ Device Service" app and drivers to connect Hubitat™ to YoLink™ devices

Fixes Released

• Add 'MusicPlayer' capability to SpeakerHub for Rules compatibility
  • Fix 'setOpenRemind' error on Motion Sensors
  • Fix 'getState' error on X3 THSensors

Use HPM Update option to install.

1 Like

Just saw this. Major props to @SteveBarcus!

And only about 4 hours later . . .

Amazing!

1 Like

Thank you! Much appreciated!

My pleasure! no rush but was wondering if there was an ETA on the driver? months or sooner than that?

I released it last night. :slightly_smiling_face: Do a HPM "Update" to get it.

How about within 5 hrs of your original request, :rofl:

@SteveBarcus is truly amazing (per my previous post in this thread)!

Works perfectly! Thanks again!

1 Like

Added Support For The Following Devices:

• YoLink™ On/Off Fob (YS3605-UC)
  • YoLink™ Dimmer Fob (YS3606-UC)
  • YoLink™ Siren Fob (YS3607-UC)

(All YoLink™ Fobs use the SmartRemoter Driver. This update is version 2.0.5)

• If you already installed the SmartRemoter Driver when you installed the YoLink Device Service app, simply use the HPM "Update" option to download the new driver.

• If you didn't install it, use the HPM "Modify" option to download the driver.

The following states are supported on the different Fobs:
Flex Fob (Version 1 and Version 2)
pushed: 1,2,3,4
held: 1,2,3,4
doubleTapped: 1,2,3,4
action: Pushed button, Held button, DoubleTapped button

Dimmer Fob
action: On, Up, Down, Off

On/Off Fob
action: Aon, Aoff, Bon, Boff

Siren Fob
action: Siren, Silence, Unlock, Lock

Example: Pressing button "1" on a Flex Fob will cause the state of "pushed" to be set to "1" and the state of "action" to be set to "Pushed 1".

Example: Holding down and releasing button "4" on a Flex Fob will cause the state of "held" to be set to "4" and the state of "action" to be set to "Held 4".

Example: Pressing the "(down arrow)" button on a Dimmer Fob will cause the state of "pushed" to be set to "3" and the state of "action" to be set to "Down".

======== IMPORTANT ========
The driver has no way of automatically identifying the type of Fob you are installing. It assumes that the Fob is a "Flex Fob". If it's a different type of Fob, then you must edit the Device on Hubitat and select the proper Fob type or it will not function correctly:
Siren Fob Example:

@SteveBarcus ,
I am experiencing a problem with my Hubitat Dashboard tile showing the correct state of a YoLink valve manipulator. I am using the template “valve” for the tile. The tile shows the valve status as “unknown” even when the valve state is “open”.

The device page indicates that the current valve state is “unknown” (which is reflected in my tile) while the State Variables shows the valve status is “open” (the valve is physically open and the YoLink App shows the correct state of the valve as “open”). When I press the Poll button on the Device Page, I get no update on the Current Status and it remains as “unknown”. The polling interval in your YoLink Device Service app is set at the recommended setting of 5 minutes, but as previously stated, manually polling does not seem to update the Current Status.

BTW, I can successfully manipulate the valve (open and close) via a virtual switch.
TIA for your thoughts and any help you might be able to provide to resolve this issue. There is probably something obvious that I am just missing. At any rate, thanks for all your great work on this app. It is working flawlessly with all my leak detectors.

@moh
Driver is fixed. Use HPM 'Update' to get it. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will try it. And again, can’t emphasize too greatly my appreciation for your quick response and for all you do for our Hubitat community!

@SteveBarcus, Installed update and everything is working. Thanks again!

I do not want this to sound like an advert for YoLink (I have absolutely no relationship or affiliation with YoLink other than being a user of their products with integration with Hubitat via @SteveBarcus ’s excellent YoLink Device Sercie app) but it looks like if we are lucky, @SteveBarcus may be busy in the future with more integrations, lol. Moderators please remove this post if you feel it is inappropriate.

I just received a notice from YoLink for those that are interested in several new products coming down the pike (following is cut and pasted together from parts of an email I received so the use of “we” and “us” etc does not come from me but from YoLink):

1. Bulldog Valve Robot & Smart Water Valve Controller 2. The new Valve Controller 2 adds positive valve position feedback status, displayed in the app, as well as an optional 12VDC input. Now, you can choose from three power configurations: batteries-only, AC power with battery back-up, or AC power-only.

2. Two new hubs. This first hub, you should see around July or August, is planned to be called the X3 Hub. Here are some features of this hub: take the SpeakerHub, add ethernet, add 5GHz WiFi support, add Bluetooth audio output, add Matter support, and I think it may have cellular support. It might be POE-powered, in addition to USB.

3. The other hub, which we’ve been calling ServerHub, will be an actual machine, probably not too dissimilar from a Raspberry Pi or Linux machine. It will have the processing horsepower to handle video surveillance, analytics/AI and storage. Our long range cameras will use HaLow WiFi. You haven’t heard of it? It’s actually more comparable to our wireless, which is based on LoRaWAN, than to the WiFi you have in your home now. It will be quite a big deal, and we’ll leverage it in ways beyond just video.

4. Before that, you will see an ultrasonic water leak sensor from us.

5. Sometime around June, we’ll release two new variants of our super-popular Water Leak Sensor 1, our “puck” style sensor. One will have an integral sounder. The other will have a sounder and an anti-tamper feature.

6. This month we release a variant of the Water Level Monitoring Sensor, this one comes with a pendant-type float switch. Check it out, here.

7. A float switch may not be appropriate for everyone’s water monitoring applications, so later in the month, you should see our new Water Depth Sensor. This is a full-blown “throw-in” type pressure sensor that will provide the depth of your tank in the app.

8. Two versions of the new Outdoor Alarm Controller 2. Three if you count we sell it without a siren, but you can get it with a 110dB or a 130dB siren. 1 amp output, optional (to use) 12VDC input (from your 12DC power supply or plug-in AC/DC adapter, available separately). 5+ year battery life on the included four C alkaline batteries.
    It is worth pointing out, our alarm controllers have also been used as relay-controllers, as they have the benefit of being completely wireless. The 1A output of this device further expands the list of potential applications. Very soon, you’ll be able to add 12VDC strobes to these. But the point is you have the available power to add high-powered alarm and non-alarm devices to this.

9. Have a new temperature & humidity sensor on the drawing board. It looks like it’s going to be a ruggedized outdoor sensor, aimed more at commercial applications, with upwards of 10 year battery life.

Sorry for the long post but I thought this would be of interest to those in the community that have benefited from @SteveBarcus’s great app. Hope this info helps!

I agree they make great products, and many I want, I have a few for non critical things, but the others I want are critical and without local integration to hubitat its a no go for me and many others I know. Its a shame there is no local integration. (I have spotty internet because I live in a rural area, it just sucks out here)

The other worry about cloud only is at any given time the can enforce monthly fees, and if you have a huge ecosystem of theirs, what options do you have after investing possibly $1000's.

Second worry is they are new, and closed ecosystem. should they make mistakes like many other companies and/or decide to pull the plug and shut down, everything becomes worthless. Which has happened far to many time to count over they years.

At least with local integration the worries go mostly away.

I also wonder how Z-Wave LR will compare in range.

2 Likes

@albertjmulder , I agree with you 100% with every single one of your comments. Despite my great experience with their products to date (fantastic range, excellent battery life, great reliability to date, and reasonable price point) from day one your concerns mirrored yours, especially those regarding local control for critical tasks. Fortunately, I have been able to allay my concerns over YoLink not surviving due to their ability to link sensor devices directly to actuators via their D2D system. I use this for critical systems like leak detection and valve control. It could be argued that this is even more reliable than including Hubitat as the controller since it doesn’t even need an intact LAN to work (and therefor has one less potential point of failure). For more complex automations, of course, I use @SteveBarcus ’s excellent YoLink Device Service app to integrate with Hubitat, albeit through the Cloud. It is indeed a shame that a totally local integration between the two is not made available tho.

Has anyone used the motion sensors?
https://www.amazon.com/Driveway-Property-Invasion-Tresspassing-Assistant/dp/B08ZXVK1XZ?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

I am contemplating using this as a backup to my current motion sensor which is solar powered. Problem is, my driveway is 1/4 mile so I am right at the range limit. The solar one can be hit or miss depending on the weather.

I have one, but I'm not using it at nearly that range, I'd suggest going to the related Discord group and searching for/asking your question there. That's where these types of questions are best addressed. User's have come up with creative ways to extend YoLink device connectivity.

YOLINK’S DISCORD POWER USER GROUP: YoLink - Power User Group Discussion
YOLINK’S DISCORD INTEGRATION/API GROUP: YoLink - Developer & Integration Discussion

Is anyone having issues with the YoLink temp sensors. I am using the community driver, and they work great for a few days then just get locked on what ever the last temperature was. I usually notice it after while if not changing. To fix all I need to do is open up the device on HE and sit there for a couple min, it then updates and is good for a few days.

Hello, I've not seen or heard of this problem.

Some things to check:

• Open the YoLink Mobile app, click on one of the troublesome sensors and verify that the historical graphs show that the device is reporting the temps.

• Click on the devices settings in the app (... in the upper right-hand corner) and verify that there is not a device firmware update pending. If there is, an "Update" link will appear next to the "Firmware" value.

• Click on the YoLink Hub in the app and go into its settings and verify that there is not a device firmware update pending.

• Look in the "Past" Hubitat logs, filter on "Error" level messages and look for any unexpected errors.

• Go into the Hubitat HPM app's "Update" function and check for any updates to the YoLink Service and/or drivers.

• Insure your Hubitat firmware is up to date.

• Reboot the Hub.

Hi Steve,
You resolved some issues a while back and I didn't get back to thank you. Your YoLink app is now working perfectly with my YoLink X3 Temp/Humidity sensors. Thanks for developing it!
Adam