[RELEASE] Aqara FP1 Human Presence Sensor (RTCZCGQ11LM)

I have seen reports in other forums for a problem like yours... so yes, it could be a faulty unit.

We will know for sure if you move the FP1 sensor to another room - away from other electronic devices that could generate electromagnetic waves.

Do you have anything that moves (even slightly) in the room where the sensor was tested - air conditioner, fan, curtains moving.. ?

Have in mind, that some type of thin walls (wood, composite materials...) are not a stopper for the mmWave radars. The radar can 'see' through such walls!

@kkossev, thanks so much for your hard work on this driver. I have 3 of these, all have been working flawlessly for months. No issues so far with the new driver but I don't use homeKit. I noticed in the comments GZCGQ01LM, MCCGQ14LM and RTCGQ01LM, does this mean I can use this driver for those devices as well?

Well, you are correct. I moved it to the basement and it seems to work correctly there. it would not work at all in the sunroom where we watch TV. Yes, it has a lot of electronics and a mini split air conditioner. Unfortunately, that is where I need it the most.

@miller.rickm
Now that you know it works you could try positioning it in a different spot in your sunroom perhaps higher up away from your electronics.

I have updated post#3 with the radiation pattern of the device, Note how much narrower is the sensitivity in the vertical plane - often tilting the sensor a bit down towards the floor may help to avoid the interference from fans or air conditioners.

GZCGQ01LM (light detector)- yes;
MCCGQ14LM (E1 Door & Window Sensor) - no (I will delete it from the release notes to avoid confusion)
RTCGQ01LM (Mijia Human Body Sensor) - yes

Please use this dedicated thread: [RELEASE] Aqara / Xiaomi Motion Sensors driver for any feedback on these.

EDIT2: There was a problem with the Light Sensor initialisation, now it is fixed in the latest dev. branch version.

I am doing something very basic, very wrong :frowning:

I added the Zigbee device, selected the right driver, and added the device again. The logs are below. It was awesome to see "present" in one of the lines, but "unknown device null", empty commands array and UNSUPPORTED attribute are worrying. Also, I don't see motion as one of the state attributes; it only has powerSource (which is wrong, BTW, it shows "battery").

[dev:462] Presence Sensor sending ZigbeeCommands :

[dev:462] Presence Sensor unknown device aqara null

[dev:462] Presence Sensor UNSUPPORTED Read attribute response: cluster FCC0 Attributte 0102 status code 86

[dev:462 ]Presence Sensor parse: Desc Map: [raw:catchall: 0104 FCC0 01 01 0040 00 52F7 00 01 115F 01 01 0201860C010020030C0186, profileId:0104, clusterId:FCC0, clusterInt:64704, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:52F7, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:true, manufacturerId:115F, command:01, direction:01, data:[02, 01, 86, 0C, 01, 00, 20, 03, 0C, 01, 86]]

[dev:462] Presence Sensor is present

[dev:462] Presence Sensor parse: description is catchall: 0104 FCC0 01 01 0040 00 52F7 00 01 115F 01 01 0201860C010020030C0186

[dev:462] Presence Sensor Received bind response, data=[5D, 00] (Sequence Number:5D, Status: Success)

[dev:462] Presence Sensor parse: Desc Map: [raw:catchall: 0000 8021 00 00 0040 00 52F7 00 00 0000 00 00 5D00, profileId:0000, clusterId:8021, clusterInt:32801, sourceEndpoint:00, destinationEndpoint:00, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:52F7, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:00, direction:00, data:[5D, 00]]

[dev:462] Presence Sensor parse: description is catchall: 0000 8021 00 00 0040 00 52F7 00 00 0000 00 00 5D00

The debug logging can be improved here ...

The problem seems to be that the FP1 didn't pair successfully on the first try, Instead of 'null' , the device model should be "lumi.motion.ac01". Hence driver doesn't know what type of device it is and the powerSource defaults to the other battery-powered devices.

The best way to fix it is to first delete the device ( "REMOVE DEVICE" button at the bottom of the web page), then pair it again - close to HE hub. After the first pairing, check the Data section - if the pairing was successful, the endpointId, manufacturer and model values should look like this:

If the above critical data is available, you must pair the FP1 sensor a second time (without deleting it). Usually, the sensor starts to respond after the second pair.

1 Like

That makes sense, and your solution fixed it. Looks like it's working properly now, thank you!

1 Like

You are welcome!

( I have removed the 'Solution' check mark, as this is the FP1 driver main thread and there are still a lot of improvements in the backlog waiting to be implemented.. : ) )

I got too excited :grin:

Jokes aside, the tech is pretty revolutionary. Eagerly waiting for the more “conventional” players to join. I’ll be happy to replace all the motion sensors with those once they are stable, battery powered and the software caught up with the capabilities (direction of moving, precise location, presence vs motion, etc.)

1 Like

need a link to go back versions. 1.2.4 is not working for me as soon as i updated it is constantly saying there is motion.. i even tried ocnfigure again and cleared the motion .. 1.2.2 was working fine.

Hi @kahn-hubitat ,

I have placed the previous versions of this driver (including 1.2.2) in a shared Google Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MJsLZMUukoy-KnElf1fxlGfEzU-st0Qs?usp=share_link

The version number is included in the driver name, so you can assign different versions to different devices when needed. The latest driver version is using the default name, as in HPM.

You and me both :smiley: Wanted to let you know that I have my own basic FP1 driver that I've been playing around with (best way to learn) and have just made progress on the code needed to get some level of region functionality working, both to set and remove a region and to get region events generated. Supposedly the same mechanism can be used to set interference sources which is what I really want to see if I can get it to ignore the ceiling fan! Should be easy enough to incorporate into your driver once I've got it all working properly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That will be great, Jonathan!
Your involvement is a guarantee for success, I have learned a lot from your code so far! :smiley:

I hope that by the end of this week will finish the Tuya irrigation valves driver, so later I can come back to this one. In the valve driver, I have improved a bit the 'device profiles' concept. Now the devices fingerprints static definitions are removed from the metadata section and are generated dynamically from the device profiles map. This will help a lot to easily maintain different devices that are within one and the same profile group.

1 Like

Is it possible to pair the FP1 with the Aquara App first. Program the zones to exclude the fan, then pair it with HE and the device remember the exclusion?

I have tried that but without a success.
When pairing to HE the device is reset and the previous configuration settings made in Aqara Home app seem to be deleted.

But this procedure can be tested again to confirm it or not.

Correct, the European C5 has an external Zwave radio dongle and internal Zigbee radio

Since I have never used the Aqara app, can someone enlighten me as to how the "Edge" regions and "Exit Entrances" are setup in the app and what they actually do?

Will be interested to see what you do, happily, I'm focused on single device types rather than the complexity you have of all those devices each with their own quirks!

1 Like