[RELEASE] Aqara Cube T1 Pro (MFCZQ12LM) is fun!

Totally! I was initially wondering if it would be useful, and found that it very much is!

Right now, I have it control a fan by either making it automated (will turn on / change speed depending on temperature, CO2 level, etc.) or setting its speed.

Initially, I set it up with Rule Machine:

And just recently set it up with Button Controller - Much easier to set up!!!

Thanks @kkossev for this awesome driver!

Also, the new Pro cube works much better than the original cube!

1 Like

Btw, where do I find this Button Controller?

Also, I've been testing this cube as well.

What I've noticed is that the Shake works regardless of where I am in the house but for the other function like Rotate, FlipToSide, etc., I need to be closed to the hub in order for it to respond

Also, both this cube and the wireless button seem to go to sleep and require action in order to wake it up first. Any way of having them wake up automatically or stay awake at all times?

That is what I wonder too. I bought one of the original ones of these cubes a few years ago, and it was fun for about 10 minutes, then it was just sat there until the battery died. I think the biggest problem is with these is they aren't numbered or labeled unless you did so yourself, so it was a big mystery as to what each side did.

The new one appears to have dots like a dice, so that is an improvement. But even with those rudimentary labels, who is going to remember what a spin on side 3 does vs tapping side 4? And don't set it down too hard because the tap function will activate. Each side does about 10 functions if I counted correctly.

You need a laminated secret decoder card setting near the device just to use it, or it is simply a toy where random things to happen when people fiddle with it. I haven't decided which.

5 Likes

That is what I figured it would be like. I think I'll pass on one.

1 Like

The real usability tests here will be next week, when my wife is back. She is not much technical, so if she can’t use the cube to control the lights, the TV, the blinds in our living room - this thing will remain just a toy…

6 Likes

so exciting thak you Kkossev for the drive I love the Cube it is a lot of fun, further my new Cube T1 never get paired :confused: always stuck with "Found a Zigbee device, initializing..." tried with "Pair while exchanging keys in clear " but the same .. my old Cube MFKZQ01LM paired and work fine but the new T1 pro isn't anyone has same problem?

Simple routine/RM executions via gesture control is an empowering means for those with dexterity/mobility,cognitive challenges, etc. I'm hoping to test/deploy with my older adult clients.

1 Like

I would think those folks would have the worst experience of anyone.

1 Like

@Bruce123 did you use the “pair while trying to avoid Zigbee 3.0 repeaters “ option when you paired successfully the T1 Pro cube to your C-8?

I did not. Since i paired it right beside the hub, I assume it will pick up the hub instead of any repeaters. The pairing was instant in my case.

1 Like

I've got my cube today and it is a blast. I've paired it right next to my C-7 and it paired without any issues, first try. Furthermore, I have a C-8 that I haven't setup yet because I want to reconfigure my internet setup, but hopefully next week I will be done with that and I will try to migrate everything to the C-8. @kkossev if you need any data or help, I'll be glad to assist.

1 Like

I added the cube pro yesterday and it appears to work properly and added rather easily. However, the Parent NWK is 0000. Do I need to remove it and add it again. I have button controller setup with it and all seems to work fine. There are some debug entries that may be normal or may be errors. Is there anything I need to do to rectify this situation? Thanks @kkossev for your tremendous support and development!!!

1 Like

Hi @snyderr2 ,

Parent NWK 0000 means that the cube is paired directly to your HE hub. There is no need to pair it again, if it stays connected,

The debug logs also look OK.

That's great news, thank for the assist. I really appreciate the work you do, thanks for all your efforts!!

I tried to set rotate left and right to adjust the brightness of my room light but I don't have an option to lower or raise the brightness. Instead, I have the option to set the brightness at a percentage level. Where would I find the options that are shown in your example under the Button Controller?

The options for ramping the brightness up/down may be available or not, depending on whether the bulbs support this feature and also depending on the driver used.

Try the option "Adjust Dimmer"

Every rotation should rise (or lower) the bulb level by 20% ( or by -20%).

Today, I've migrated my C-7 to C-8 and after repairing the cube works with no issues. Same as C-7, I've put it on top of the hub for the pairing and it worked from the first try. If I can help with some data, I will gladly do so.

1 Like

Under the Button Controller app, I can't seem to find the option of "Adjust Dimmer".

Do I need to create a separate rule for the dimming feature?

@Bruce123 The options for a bulb control probably depends on the bulb type and the driver used

The action that I select in my Button Controller is 'Set Dimmers and Bulbs' :

1 Like

You and @Bruce123 are lucky. I wonder what is different about your C-8s vs the rest of us. Mine is happily sitting on my C-7 but would rather have it on the C-8 with the rest of my Zigbee devices.