[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

"Hubitat Dashboard" is direct and simple (plus!) easy to find in the app store (plus!) but is also a little generic (minus).

I don't have a great suggestion for renaming the app, but @jpage4500 I do think this thread would benefit from a title change:

Something like: "Android Dashboard app for tablets and phones"

• Folks using tablets wall-mounted will get it, but you don't want to make it sound like that's the only way this app works. :slight_smile: I have it on a tablet sitting on a stand in the kitchen that my wife and son use.
  • I also have it on my phone, and obviously others here are also running it on both tablets and phones. It's very versatile!

good point! Originally my only focus was for wall mounted tablets but I'm more and more using it on my phone and have plans to make it better

1 Like

Consider it done...

version 1.0.624 (beta)

• support MJPG video stream
  • show wide preview window for wide mode tiles

The biggest change is MJPG support. You can add a MJPG stream through the "Add Image / URL" dialog like any other image. The difference is a dropdown box where you can select Image or MJPG. Right now I've got 2 crop options - stretch and best fit.

I'm sure there will be changes needed as I've only tested this with 1 video stream (another phone running IP Webcam app).

2 Likes

Back to Thermostats again....... I know it's difficult to please everyone, but a Radiator eTRV type of thermostat is very different from a thermostat that's driving a HVAC system.

We got it right in your app a while ago, but then a requsted change made it unworkable again for me.

Maybe a setting "eTRV or HVAC Thermostat?" to enable one or the other sets of functionality?

The eTRV's are really either "Heat" or "Off" - no cooling or fans. Ideally for a eTRV the arrows to adjust temp should always be available. At the moment if I try to adjust mode to "heat" to enable the arrows the driver on HE looks at the setpoints and immediately resets the mode to "off" - unworkable.

Many thanks, Simon

lots of good questions/requests! I'll try to answer them but let me know if i missed any:

I'm surprised so many people have Wink Relays.. I had one which broke but literally only knew about it because I worked for Wink and they sent me one.. I do love how much better it can be once it's hacked to run other apps.

The Wink Relay OS is pretty old so I'm not surprised there's issues. If you're able to get/send a device log to me (about->support) I can try to help with any issues. But, I'm not able to reproduce them myself.

the app stops when 'import' is selected

I see why.. the API I'm using to pick a file to import isn't supported on API 18

I'll look into supporting this for API18 as well

is there a straightforward way to restore a single hidden tile to the 'root' screen

Instead of resetting all hidden devices I can show a list of all devices and let you check/uncheck which ones you want to be hidden. That should make things easier.

I was actually thinking of something similar to this too.. I was thinking of being able to lock all devices globally for cases with kids (like mine) or just making it harder to accidentally turn something on. It would be just as easy to allow individual tiles to be protected by a PIN too -- just seemed like that would be a pain to setup 1 by 1.

Maybe the same idea as hiding tiles could work.. showing all devices in a list with checkboxes with a 'select all' option at the top.

it would be nice to be able to create separate tiles for different attributes of the same device

That's on my list too. It shouldn't be too hard to do either..

get power displayed from my power reporting devices

I don't have any of these devices.. Can you send me a device log? It should attach 2 files - 1 is a 'config' file which I can import into my dashboard. Then, I can see how everything is displayed today plus all of the device attributes. That's been really helpful to me for testing devices I don't have.

this app really deserves its own distinctive name

haha.. yeah, I'm not that creative! Ideas?

Kick Ashboard.

1 Like

Thank you! MJPG video stream works well on Wink Relay. Adding a second stream FCs the app after 2 minutes of idle and that's not opening either of the tiles. I think it's too much for it to handle inside the app. Even opening one stream causes the app to close after 20 seconds of viewing a "larger" view. When sitting in it's own tile, one is OK.

Can you send me the device JSON from MakerAPI or better the logs from the app (about->support)? That might help me see how to handle this device better.

I do see in the code I'm assuming every thermostat supports all of the modes listed here: https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Driver_Capability_List#Thermostat. Or, is there some attribute or capability in this driver that would let me handle it differently than other thermostats?

Because in HE they are simply just another thermostat, it has all the modes of a standard thermostat - which also makes no sense. There is no ST or HE device type that is an eTRV.

I noticed a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError reported so that must have been the Relay device. I was looking through the MJPG code to see if I could find ways to make it more efficient. Hopefully I can figure out a few things to try

1 Like

So what happens when you set the mode to "heat"? If I remember correctly, I'm only showing the up/down arrows when in cool, heat or auto modes. Once in "heat" mode - the app should call setHeatingSetpoint with the value from heatingSetpoint +-1. Is that not what the app is doing or does it need to do something else?

When I set the mode to "heat" the driver sets it back to "off" if the heating setpoint is below the room temperature - so the arrows only appear for a split second not giving an opportunity to change the heating setpoint.

I suppose I could alter the driver to wait x seconds before changing the mode - that would help.

Would be far better is the arrows were always present. That's why my request for an additional parameter of "Type eTRV".

I see.. isn't that how the "auto" mode works on thermostats? If the mode was auto instead of off the app would display the arrows all the time. I would have to update the app so it doesn't display the cooling arrows if the capability setCoolingSetpoint wasn't set.

I also noticed this attribute: supportedThermostatModes - ENUM ["auto", "off", "heat", "emergency heat", "cool"]; I don't look at that today but I can use that to hide the cooling arrows as well as letting you change the mode to cool.

Just thinking if there's any way to handle this automatically w/out having to get the user to change anything

Let me see if I can get the driver to sort this.

Sounds good. I emailed a couple of logs (one 'all' and one filtered by the power reporting device name) that hopefully included what you are looking for but my confidence isn't high that I sent the right stuff.. let me know if anything else would help.

Regarding a name, first thing that pops into my head is "Fastboard". When I'm on my phone and click on a tile to turn a light on, I swear that the light turns on while my finger is still on the screen...

This is one HUGE thread. I really don't have the time to read through this whole thread. Maybe someone could answer this question.

I have about 60 Devices setup on the new Dashboard right now. How can I get the tiles smaller so All device show on dash board without scrolling? In the Native Hubitat Dash board I could choose " Column Width (blank for auto fit)" This would then set the dash board to fit the screen. Is there an option like this in this Dash board?

Swipe right from the left edge of the screen, you'll see 'Display Options' where you can resize tiles, text size, and a couple of other visual options.