[Release] Alpha version of August Home (wifi door lock)

@taylor - note that HomeAssistant has a pretty rich August Wifi integration and you can look at their use of the API on pypi.org and integrate any missing pieces into your code (with appropriate credits of course).

Also, if you take a look at the github issue below and drill-down to the code changes, you would glean that their implementation uses the following refresh intervals:

1. Lock status &Door Sensor - every 10 seconds (upped from initially being at 5 seconds which maxed out the rate limit).
  2. Slower changing attributes - i.e. battery levels etc. - every 30 minutes.

This polling scheme would prove highly useful for near-real-time status via poll.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/31558

1 Like

Thank you! I was using Joe (snjoetw)'s python wrapper as the example, which has gotten me most of the way but it doesn't implement the events either and I wasn't aware of the HostAssistant integration - that could be really helpful!

1 Like

This is looking really awesome! I have the August Pro 3 and it is working better than the Z-Wave integration. I have had issues with it not responding when using the dashboard to lock/unlock while I test the lock out. I installed this earlier tonight and so far, it has been responsive every time which has been a huge improvement for us here. :smile:

I am getting some interesting errors on two of my 4 locks. It is only the two I have keypads on. Do I have something setup wrong? Was thinking about trying to reinstall but wanted to check here first. Thanks.

Can you make sure that all the drivers and app updated to the latest version? This smells a bit like a version mismatch.

I didn’t realize I had to go in and update the drivers as a separate step, learned something new. I updated them by going into modify in HPM. Apparently I didn’t even have the keypad driver installed prior to that. Do I need to do a discovery or remove and add back my locks to pull in the keypads? Do they show up as devices themselves? Thanks

Normally you won't... I screwed up when I re-factored the driver to add the keypad - hopefully going forward it will "just work".

Would like to start out by saying thank you!!!!!

I am running into an issue in that the device polling does not seem to be working for me? I can lock and unlock and if i click refresh the state does change for the device. But that is the Only time that the device state will update? Reading thru the comments it appears that it should be polling the device every (I have tried 1 and 5 mins) but that does not seem to be the case for me :frowning:

I also checked under the settings and even after restarting the hub I am seeing this pending job?

Turned out I had 2 issues. Both driver related. On top of not having the keypad driver installed initially it looks like I also had the wrong lock driver too. All squared away and working like a champ again. Still amazes me how much better your app works than the z-wave. Thanks again.

Found a little bit more information looking thru the logs.

Looking at the code maybe there is an issue with this line?

Yep... that would be a copy/paste error... I copied that section over from one of my other drivers and missed that change. I will put in a fix and push out a new package today or tomorrow.

Just pushed v0.2.3-beta1 with a fix for this.

Thank you for looking at it and finding the issue!

Many Many Thanks!

I just installed and tested and it is working GREAT! So impressed with the skills of you guys, and that take the time to write these drivers and share them with everyone!

Can not thank you enough!!!

1 Like

Glad to hear its working for you! I've really enjoy working on these in my 'spare time'. It had been too long since writing code and I do enjoy it - years ago I became a manager thus hung up my jolt cola in place of supporting my team, which I love more than coding so it's a good deal.

@taylor When I try to verify the 2FA code I get the following error

2021-01-26 08:54:20.666 pm errorconnectToAugust failed -- Conflict: [code:InvalidArgument, message:Invalid code]

--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---
I entered phone and pw, received the code and when i enter and verify the number that is the erro in the logs. Nothing happens in the gui

Hmm - I'll give it a try tonight, possible they changed the API, it's not a documented API so they can break me without any notice etc... ;(.

Appreciate and assistance. Thank you.

Apologies for the delay but I finally got a chance to look at this... I did find a bug if you were using e-mail based 2FA that you would need to submit the request twice (basically the page didn't honor the drop down). I just submitted a fix and it should show up in HPM today.

Error Occurred During Installation
An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thecloudtaylor/hubitat-augustlock/v0.2.4-beta1/augusthomeapp.groovy.

When the apps polls is it just polling the wifi dongle? I am curious whether increasing the frequency will impact the battery life of the lock itself or if the lock and the wifi dongle communicate the same between themselves regardless.