[Release] Alpha version of August Home (wifi door lock)

Anyone getting this to work?

In the debug log I can see all the lock info but they don't appear as discovered devices.

I was unable to discover my locks as well.

Edit: Followed steps listed here and the locks showed up. [Release] Alpha version of August Home (wifi door lock) - #171 by frank

I am trying once again to integrate my I think Gen 1 August Pro Door Lock with Zwave to Hubitat. Finally got the August app connected to lock via bluetooth. I have tried with security, without security, and cannot get it to show up in devices. Right now, in Zwave settings it shows up.

I have tried multiple times to exclude with August app, but it never goes away. Should I do My Hub is no longer working or will that break something, since hubitat does know about it.

Anyone got this app working in Europe with Yale Home? I've tried the api.aaecosystem.com url and I get a 403 forbidden message back....

We need to get the headers and API key correct too
Someone with a rooted Android phone who knows what they are doing would be able to get that information

I believe HomeAssistant & OpenHAB have working code

Currently, I have Yale Home connected to ST and then pulled to HA via HubiThings Replica

I wish Hubitat would be big enough to become an official Yale partner. @bobbyD any chance? Current list Yale Access to Yale Home Integrations | Support | Yale

I will switch back to Z-Wave if it's not good enough, I have 3 L1 locks so I've had to spend 150ish to be able to edit keyfobs etc In the future after July 31st the app will stop working completely. I would feel better if I could move away from Z-Wave, I only have the locks and a few power plugs most of my stuff is ZigBee

I've now put my 3 L1's onto Home Assistant and pulled them into Hubitat with the community HA integration. So far so good !!!

1 Like

So you had all three via zwave and have switched to yale home via HA?

I will stick with via ST as dont even need a hub plugged in

Yep, all 3 were on Z-Wave, now on HA using Yale Home.

Interested in your reason behind sticking with Yale home?

Also have you got doorsense to work, tried so many times always thinks door is open

The L1 on Z-Wave is officially supported by Hubitat, or is supposed to be.

It did work ok for a while but over the past year or so became very unreliable. It was suggested to me on the forum here that I use the Generic Z-Wave lock driver instead.

It worked better, but get a 6pm message every day that the locks have opened (6pm is when the locks send out battery status).

Then with Yale announcing their app is going away, and no means of managing key fobs unless you migrate to Yale Home I thought I might as well give it a try.

Doorsence is working perfectly.

S

Any chance you can send me some photos with the module cover off so I can compare the installation to mine, I have moved the magnet twice with no luck

Yeah I used to get the random the lock was open when on Smartthings, once I moved to C7 it was once every few months

Here you go.............

Did you go throughtthe calibration for Doorsence ?

Yup like 10 times now, mines a little higher than yours, mine is also closer
I have tried like the instructions show and like 3 inches ajar like a few posts on Reddit I found but its never said closed

@simon

I have managed to edit this August Home to Yale Home and working in the UK
Can you try the code here GitHub - tmleafs/hubitat-yalehomelock: Hubitat Driver For Yale Home WiFi Bridge Locks
enable debugging straight away so you can send me logs for any issues.
You might need to click login twice for the two-step auth code box to appear

I got Doorsence working today and had to move the magnet down quite a bit.
The only issue I have now is the lock keeps autolocking at 30 seconds and I can't find a way to disable it

1 Like

Android
The following steps will help you set up the Auto-Lock feature on your Android device:

Open the Yale Home App and select the applicable property from the keychain if there is more than one
Tap the Settings Gear Icon in the top right-hand corner on the lock circle screen
Select the lock from the devices shown
Select Auto-Lock, which is listed in the automations menu
Toggle Enable Auto-Lock on and Set the Auto-Lock Timing
Select Save Changes at the bottom
This completes the steps to enable the Auto-Lock feature on your Yale Smart Lock. Your lock will automatically lock after the amount of time set in Auto-Lock Timing.

I see auto unlock but no auto lock