[Release] Alpha version of August Home (wifi door lock)

Same here, nothing discovers and I have a 401 at the end.
I'm completely new to HE and app dev in there, but here's what I found:

• The various 409 errors are due to some HE UI/values not refreshing issues. That explains the need to click twice on the Login button (the first click sends the request with a null username), and the Validate button for MFA (same thing, the code is empty).

• Easy fix: just add ", submitOnChange: true" at the end of the line starting with "input name: "twoFAcode"". Same thing for the line starting with "input name: "username"". For instance input name: "twoFAcode", type: "text", title: "Two factor auth code", description: "AuthCode", required: true, submitOnChange: true

• With that fix, I'm able to proceed past the authentication. Looking at the code, we get a first token from the first request, which is sent along the mfa code, and in return we get a final access token from August. That token is then used to request the devices, and that's where I'm stuck with connectToAugust failed -- status code: 401, reason phrase: Unauthorized: [code:InvalidCredentials, message:access token not associated with a user]

I'll try looking further later, but chances are I won't be able to figure it out, I'm a total newb on this platform. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will figure something out!!

I have installed the app and drivers. However, I can only get the lock with a bridge to connect. My 2 other locks are discovered but do not appear to function. Is the bridge necessary or is there a setting that I need to set?
PS I am a true newbie.

Did you do anything in particular to manage to get your devices to discover? I keep getting that same error "Access Token not associated with a user"...

Just set this up. The lock itself works great. However, I noticed the following error message from the App when I hit refresh:

2022-11-25 04:18:36.261 PMerrorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'updateKeypad' is not supported by device 313. on line 619 (method updateLockDeviceStatus)

Device 313 is the lock.

My locks are working, but I've noticed this error in the logs every 15m. Not sure what causes it.

I'm stuck trying to install this. I have my username (my phone number), same one I use to login to the app and the correct password - I do not receive an authorization code on my phone, my email or anywhere else.

I have also tried to login using the email address associated with my account as well.

Where to I get the authorization?

Hello Guys, I am facing the below error after I successfully log in with the app. I enter my email and password then I receive the verification code. I verify and hit done. When I try to discover August:
I see the below in the logs:

errorconnectToAugust failed -- status code: 401, reason phrase: Unauthorized: [code:InvalidCredentials, message:access token not associated with a user]

any ideas?

@taylor is the driver still working? I am planning to purchase a 3rd gen August lock (the long one, not the round one) with a wifi bridge. And if its working - can you help me and explain as simple as possible on how to install this driver?

For anyone having trouble after migration to Yale Home (I think this applies only to non-US locks), you can change the this line:
@Field static String global_apiURL = "://api-production.august.com"
to:
@Field static String global_apiURL = "://api.aaecosystem.com"
(remove the <>)

Also worth re-mentioning @MathD's fix which improves our quality of life:
just add ", submitOnChange: true" at the end of the line starting with "input name: "twoFAcode"". Same thing for the line starting with "input name: "username"". For instance input name: "twoFAcode", type: "text", title: "Two factor auth code", description: "AuthCode", required: true, submitOnChange: true

1 Like

Anyone getting this to work?

In the debug log I can see all the lock info but they don't appear as discovered devices.

I was unable to discover my locks as well.

Edit: Followed steps listed here and the locks showed up. [Release] Alpha version of August Home (wifi door lock) - #171 by frank

I am trying once again to integrate my I think Gen 1 August Pro Door Lock with Zwave to Hubitat. Finally got the August app connected to lock via bluetooth. I have tried with security, without security, and cannot get it to show up in devices. Right now, in Zwave settings it shows up.

I have tried multiple times to exclude with August app, but it never goes away. Should I do My Hub is no longer working or will that break something, since hubitat does know about it.

Anyone got this app working in Europe with Yale Home? I've tried the api.aaecosystem.com url and I get a 403 forbidden message back....

We need to get the headers and API key correct too
Someone with a rooted Android phone who knows what they are doing would be able to get that information

I believe HomeAssistant & OpenHAB have working code

Currently, I have Yale Home connected to ST and then pulled to HA via HubiThings Replica

I wish Hubitat would be big enough to become an official Yale partner. @bobbyD any chance? Current list Yale Access to Yale Home Integrations | Support | Yale

I will switch back to Z-Wave if it's not good enough, I have 3 L1 locks so I've had to spend 150ish to be able to edit keyfobs etc In the future after July 31st the app will stop working completely. I would feel better if I could move away from Z-Wave, I only have the locks and a few power plugs most of my stuff is ZigBee

I've now put my 3 L1's onto Home Assistant and pulled them into Hubitat with the community HA integration. So far so good !!!

1 Like

So you had all three via zwave and have switched to yale home via HA?

I will stick with via ST as dont even need a hub plugged in

Yep, all 3 were on Z-Wave, now on HA using Yale Home.

Interested in your reason behind sticking with Yale home?

Also have you got doorsense to work, tried so many times always thinks door is open

The L1 on Z-Wave is officially supported by Hubitat, or is supposed to be.

It did work ok for a while but over the past year or so became very unreliable. It was suggested to me on the forum here that I use the Generic Z-Wave lock driver instead.

It worked better, but get a 6pm message every day that the locks have opened (6pm is when the locks send out battery status).

Then with Yale announcing their app is going away, and no means of managing key fobs unless you migrate to Yale Home I thought I might as well give it a try.

Doorsence is working perfectly.

S

Any chance you can send me some photos with the module cover off so I can compare the installation to mine, I have moved the magnet twice with no luck

Yeah I used to get the random the lock was open when on Smartthings, once I moved to C7 it was once every few months