[RELEASE] Aeotec Water Sensor 6 w/ Dock

@aaiyar thanks for the quick response.. I will absolutely check it out!

2 Likes

@bcopeland, thanks for making this.. it's so awesome having this robust little piece of hardware integrated into HE now.

Question: I did notice the pulldown to disable the onboard alarm in the device.. I've tried to disable the alarm multiple times.. I'm not sure what pushes the update ("save prefs", or "configure") but I haven't gotten it to stick.. any advice?

Thanks!

1 Like

:point_up_2: That's what it's supposed to be.. But if it isn't working .. I may need to check it out as it may be a bug.. I'll test this ..

Thanks Bryan,

Was curious since this is a battery powered device does it have to be woken to accept the change push? The doc included mentioned something like that, that it might need to be put in a state to accept changes depending on the hub.. fwiw I tried waking it multiple times (3 sec button push) and then hitting save prefs.

1 Like

Ahhh. Yes.. If you are running it battery powered and not on USB power then yet.. it won't take the change until a wake-up cycle or when pressing the button to wake it ..

thanks for the confirmation.. just plugged it in, and updated the change.. works great!

so here is a question: if it's batt powered.. and I save the prefs should I 100% expect it to take the change from hubitat at some point (IE queued) during a wake up cycle? Is there some timeout potentially? It was more than 12 hours that I made the pref changes and no update. Thanks Bryan!

1 Like

Yes.. it's actually built-in to the driver.. When battery powered it just flips a boolean (configChanged) to true .. and when the device sends a wakeup notification if this boolean is true it sends the config changes before sending wakeup no more messages (telling the device it can go back to sleep) ..

I'm not sure what the default is on this.. but some devices do have quite a long sleep cycle..

Thanks for the explanation Bryan.. this is seriously cool.. looking to wire a few of these up.

1 Like

Keep in mind.. The device chooses to be sleepy or listening/repeating only during pairing.. So if you want to change it from being a sleepy device to a listening device you must re-pair it.

Thanks for this driver. I was looking to replace the dome water sensors I have in the attic (They eat a pair of batteries every three months)

The dual sensor is perfect considering I want to monitor both a water heater drip pan, and a/c drip pan. I can figure out how to get USB power to each from the existing outlets up there so no more changing batteries!

2 Likes

I paired mine on battery, then moved it to USB and my Sleepy state is false. Is there a way I can double-check in case my sleepy state is incorrect, or is the sleepy state the end-all, be-all?

1 Like

This is really great! I bought the Hubitat and Aeotec a few months ago and was disappointed to see the terrible support for the Aeotec back then... just happened to go looking again today and am very happy to see this! Just got it set up alerting the Alexa devices throughout the house and my phones/watch. I just ordered the dock too so tomorrow I'll get it all mounted up in my utility room.

1 Like

Interesting.. I didn’t think it would change

I wasn't really thinking when I typed that... It's easy enough to test, I suppose. BRB.

1 Like

this would explain mine saying false but i couldn't remember joining it on power but couldn't be sure.

1 Like

Indeed. From false on to USB, to true on battery, back to false on USB.

This might be standard HE behavior, and I didn't notice the pattern until I was almost done, but it appears as if the states on the page aren't refreshed 'live' and only a page refresh will see the change.

2 Likes

This is read from the device in the driver

Sorry, I was referring to the state status on the device page not refreshing real-time, but only on page refresh.

1 Like

Right.. Yes .. States don’t refresh real-time like attributes

1 Like

I guess this should be as easy as add the and then detect new z-wave devices right? My sensor does not seem to want to pair with my hub at all