[RELEASE] Aeotec Heavy Duty Smart Switch

Highly recommend you follow the procedure to include this device without SO security as otherwise it will not be reliable on the Hubitat hub.

They are not super clear about this in the manual but a factory reset is done by holding the action button for 20 seconds or so until the light show stops.

Check your logs for resources used by this device if included with SO security….

Do you have any instructions of how to include without security? Is it possible to do without an USB stick?

Mine is currently paired as an S0

Look at my post a few up: [RELEASE] Aeotec Heavy Duty Smart Switch - #118 by denwood

You'd need a stick unfortunately to do this. It's a PITA, but if you plan on using this device in automations, you'll likely need to have it included without security for reliability. This might be different with the C8 hub so you should try it first. If rules around this device work reliably, then you'll be fine.

I use power reporting from the Aeotec switch (connected to an induction cook top) to control the kitchen hood inline exhaust fan, and vary fan speed via 0-10V control, based on how much power the cook top is using. This worked about 70% reliably previous, but is now 100% reliable now that the switch has been included to HE using a Zooz Zstick with no security. Otherwise, it is extremely "chatty" and causes radio issues. Anything routing through it on your Zwave network may also be a problem. You can tell from the "Logs -> Device Stats -> Time hub spent processing each device driver's code" if the device, included with SO, is a problem. Mine showed up in the top 2 consistently with S0, and now, is 21st on the list without SO.

It took me about a year to figure this all out after numerous resets, experimenting with different drivers, head scratching etc. as not only were rules around the switch not working correctly, but there were some zWave issues with routing as well. Now, without SO, it works as expected.

2 Likes

I'm having some serious issues with mine, i'm sure it's been mostly fine in the past with the odd on/off command getting missed - but now it just won't reliably turn on and off not matter how often I send the commands.

Tried Z-wave repair, tried all the other drivers, updated to latest Hubitat version/restarted the hub and it's behaving the same way. Everything else is working fine - it's not too chatty. I've disabled power reporting and temperature now as I don't really need them (although ironically it was feeding back these fairly well)

But on/off it just not working reliably. It seems to change status about 10 minutes after being send, which often leads to it being stuck on constantly (or not coming on at all, the former is worse to be honest).

Any ideas why I can't just get it to reliably switch on and off anymore?