[RELEASE] Aeon-Labs DSC06106 Smart Energy Switch

FYI - @bobbyD recommends to leave descriptionText logging off. I usually turn it on for the devices in an automation only when I create/test the automation. And turn it off promptly after that.

It leaves more room in the logs to catch errors - making Hubitat Support's task easier, should you need their help.

I'll check on that null error.. that shouldn't happen..

1 Like

So now that that as of June 5 this is in 2.2.1 firmware I assume we should use that instead?

Ever find the issue with the null error? I can't check into my Hub at the moment due to an issue with my RPi so I can't yet upgrade or see if the nulls are still happening at the moment.

Yea.. Every now and then the device sends a malformed report that has no data.. The built-in driver in 2.2.1 checks for this issue

1 Like

Sounds good. I'll update firmware and switch drivers when I get back onsite.

Thanks

1 Like

Is there a firmware file that works with @bcopeland updater? Also, what is the name of the built in driver to use?

Iā€™m not aware of any firmware

2 Likes

Maybe he meant update firmware on the hub.

2 Likes

Correct

I'm trying to use the built in driver but getting this error when I try to Configure:

[error]groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find matching constructor for: hubitat.device.HubAction(hubitat.zwave.commands.switchbinaryv1.SwitchBinaryGet, hubitat.device.Protocol) (pollDeviceData)

What platform version is on your Hubitat?

Currently, 2.2.2.129.

Running the stock Aeotec Smart Energy Switch driver on 2.2.3.119, it still crashes in config with the same HubAction error.

However, I pulled the driver from GitHub and tried it. It works just fine -- config passed and it is reporting power, voltage, energy and switch status just fine.

Thanks for sharing, default driver wasn't working for me either. I also created a device from github and now it works.

I'm having the same issue... This is my first switch and i can't get it to toggle... Not too happy so far.

groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find matching constructor for: hubitat.device.HubAction(hubitat.zwave.commands.switchbinaryv1.SwitchBinaryGet, hubitat.device.Protocol) (pollDeviceData)

Getting that on newest hubitat firmware.

Same exception here. The side effect is that the switch state does not update from on to off or vice versa unless a manual refresh or poll is invoked

I moved back to the older code linked above and it works ok.

Can confirm. Still happening on Hub firmware 2.2.5.131

Tagging @bcopeland in case any of us seeing the error are doing something wrong on our end. Thank you!

1 Like

Wow.. not sure how that got missed.. Will be fixed in next release

2 Likes