[RELEASE] Advanced Zooz Zen22 / Zen21 Central Scene Dimmer and Switch Drivers

Cool.. Thanks.. I’ll verify the config values that these are supposed to produce to make sure I didn’t introduce errors there

Bryan,

The auto timer boxes did the same for me, wanted me to put in a number. I just used 1 minute, and set the timer disabled box to "disabled". It works fine that way, but maybe you could make some default setting? At least make a note in the box to put something in there and select "disabled" in the next box over?

2 Likes

Yup. Noticed this too. Sorry I didn’t mention it.

1 Like

Ok.. sorry I've been away for the past few days.. getting back on this now..

2 Likes

Lol. No apology necessary. It really not a critical item !

1 Like

Bryan, while you are looking at things, I had a tiny issue with Package Manager. It doesn't seem to be identifying any of these Zooz switch drivers. Same for the RGBGenie driver too. See below link for some background.

Glad to provide other details as needed, or try things out.

Hey @bcopeland, it actually might not be your driver that was causing the issue with the relay. When I was testing before, I was on firmware 3.1 and I just used your tool to update to the newest firmware, which is 3.4. Now though, even with the built-in default driver, I can't get the relay to disable.

@agnes.zooz I don't know if this is a bug in the Zen21 firmware or the default HE driver or not.

Another update. Since the built-in driver was not disabling the relay like it should, I tried your driver again and now it's working 100% perfectly and disabling the relay and enabling scene control like it should. So I'm pretty sure there is a bug in the built-in driver.

1 Like

Corrected an issue with the Zen21 configuration related to scene control ..

1 Like

First time using a custom driver. After updating, do I need to change anything on the device or does it just start using the updated driver?

What does the "association reports" preference do?

hey there. i am using this driver. and trying to use the smart bulb feature. but it seems though even with the physical paddle control disabled it still kills power to the outlet. is that what is supposed to happen?

I’ll check.. This might be my mistake

It's working for me. What firmware is your switch on? Mine didn't work right until I updated.

1 Like
  • deviceType: 274
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x85,0x59,0x70,0x5A,0x72,0x73,0x27,0x26,0x86
  • protocolVersion: 4.5
  • hardwareVersion: 1
  • firmwareVersion: 20.16
  • deviceId: 9244
  • manufacturer: 349
  • zwaveAssociationG1: [01

This is what I have

All my Zooz devices have a manufacturer ID of 634, but I'm not sure if that is actually a unique identifier or not. Are you using a Zen21 or Zen22? Here's what my Zen21 shows.

• deviceType: 45329
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x25,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x55,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x70,0x5B,0x6C,0x9F,0x7A
  • protocolVersion: 5.3
  • hardwareVersion: 2
  • firmwareVersion: 3.4
  • deviceId: 7708
  • zwaveAssociationG2: []
  • manufacturer: 634
  • zwaveAssociationG1: [01]

Zen22 bought from the smartesthouse.com on sale for memorial day.

That doesn't look like a Zooz?

My Zen22 is similar to waterboysh.

• deviceType: 45330
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x26,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x55,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x70,0x5B,0x9F,0x6C,0x7A
  • firmwareVersion: 3.7
  • deviceId: 7964
  • zwaveAssociationG2: []
  • manufacturer: 634
  • zwaveAssociationG1: [01]

It is.

Zooz Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Wall Switch ZEN22 (White) VER. 1.0 (no 3-Way)

Was on the order. The back of the switch says zooz Zen22 so does the box. Maybe the version 1 is something different

Ah, that is probably why. V1 is different than V3. Waterboysh and I have V3.