[Release] Advanced Hue Bridge Integration

HE doesn’t deal with color names per se. Some color name mappings exist, and some are managed by smart speakers, like Alexa.
I only deal in numbers, as that is really all HE supports. You can define any color of white by entering the color temperature in kelvin.

I asked Alexa to set light to warm white, and that worked. I asked to set to cool white and that works. I asked to set to daylight and that works. When I asked for cool daylight it was unknown.

I never heard the term cool daylight either, so I tried to look it up. I did find this chart, but it would imply cool and daylight are mutually exclusive.

Color Temperatures explained

@armand Thanks for your explaination as I'm quite new to HE while originally I centralised all my devices in alexa. Recently, I tried to centralise the devices in HE and use homebridge-hubitat to flow the devices to homekit dashboard (as homekit supports cantonese for my mum in Hong Kong); however, I cannot set the white ambiance hue bulbs to warm white via homekit dashboard/siri. Do you mean that I can define the color of the white ambiance hue bulbs in HE (e.g. 2XXXK for warm white/ 6XXXK for daylight) so that I could change their colors in homekit?

Thanks!!

I think what you are experiencing is unique. I also use HomeKit via the makers API, and I can change color temps in HomeKit. I just tried warm white and daylight, and they both worked, although Siri kept asking if I wanted to toggle my lights which was odd.

As for temperature, the interface allows setting the color temperature, and I was referring to that. I am not aware of how to set a temperature via smart speaker, they all seem to want to set level, not color temp.

If you are using the hombridge app for HE, try replacing that with maker API app, and using homebridge-hubitat-makerapi (maybe it is a difference in the HeE app...

1 Like

Thanks so much! My problem is resolved after replacing with this plugin as this added support for color temperature bulbs :slight_smile:

I am getting errors when importing scenes:

app:5352021-02-15 08:40:32.210 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method updateSetting() on null object

dev:6952021-02-15 08:40:32.208 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A device with the same device network ID exists, Please use a different DNI (addChildDevice)

Do I need to remove the other Hue Bridge Integration app, or can the two live in peace?

I am having weird dashboard behavior, Could this be related to Advanced Hue Integration?

Continuing the discussion from Lights dimming Level not responding as expected with Dashboard tile:

Interesting. I don't know if I already fixed this. I did not see this until today. Can you make sure you have the latest version? I think I addressed an issue recently for something like this that was reported to me, but I am fuzzy on the details. Let me know if this is still an issue after using all the latest code.

I do not use Dashboards, but I setup a dashboard for my buffet table lights. I have a group, and two lights in the group. If I turn on the group, but lights behave correctly. If I adjust brightness for the group, both lights respond. But, if I dim just one light, it automatically goes back to the dimmer lever defined by the group. Now if I turn off the light, and then turn it back on, I can then control the dimming level.

Is this what you are seeing?

Here is a link to video.... The lights are less responsive than the slider....Sorry where can I check the version? I am updated in HPM... btw I tried this with a fesh dashboard with no tweaks as well..

In HPM, try to do a repair on the hue solution. also, feel free to dm me for faster response

1 Like

So for individual lights, or for groups, I don't have any issues. But for individual lights that are a member of a group that is also being controlled, the group interferes with the lights. Make sure that if you have only groups or lights, not both, controlling any specific light. I will see what I can do about the light control in this scenario.

1 Like

It's groups I will check this and let u know

having some major internet issues.... might be a bit before I get back to this....

Hello @armand,

Sorry it has taken so long.... my ONT went out and I no router or network for a week.. I am back now... and before I could troubleshoot.. it appears my Hue devices are unresponsive... when I try to find any devices I get this:
2021-04-01 01:40:41.162 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to 192.168.254.70:80 [/192.168.254.70] failed: Connection refused (Connection refused) on line 116 (refreshHubStatus)

I think I figured it out I re assigned the same ip to my bridge.... Back to troubleshooting.... testing the grouped lights theory and will return

A couple things to try:

First, verify the IP address of the Hue hub has not changed.
Then, if the IP has not changed, then from the main app window for the Hue bridge integration, re-link your hub. If the IP is still correct, then your API user is no longer valid on the hue hub. I can enhance this to detect the exception, and take you to the hub authorization, but for now, just open the app, and on the main page, select the hub, and next through the whole system. it should ask to pair if the auth key is wrong

Oh ok. I was working on my response for that past hour in-between work issues. Then once you get the ip conflict resolved, you should be good to go again.

Hello so it appears it’s not mixed groups at all it is Hue groups directly from the bridge only...

Everyone using this, please upgrade to 1.5.17 or newer. I found a logic error that was causing a full hub refresh every single time the hub device was checking to see if auto refresh was enabled, resulting in several refresh operations when none should or one should occur. On my integrations hub, prior to this fix, the hub device accounted for 60% or more of busy cpu time. After the update it has dropped down to 20% with the hub device's auto refresh turned off.

Please update

Auto refresh is not typically required, because the system will perform delayed refresh operations after any change event. auto refresh was implemented for those that like to control their hue system from outside of Hubitat, and want hubitat to detect those changes.

Sorry it's been so long, I have been very busy.

I have fixed this issue. I thought it was an issue with the Hue system, so tonight I setup a bunch of detailed trace logs and discovered I was converting the Level value to Hue value twice in the setLevel call. Now it is working for me. Please update and try it out.

1 Like