[Release] Advanced Hue Bridge Integration

I do not use Dashboards, but I setup a dashboard for my buffet table lights. I have a group, and two lights in the group. If I turn on the group, but lights behave correctly. If I adjust brightness for the group, both lights respond. But, if I dim just one light, it automatically goes back to the dimmer lever defined by the group. Now if I turn off the light, and then turn it back on, I can then control the dimming level.

Is this what you are seeing?

Here is a link to video.... The lights are less responsive than the slider....Sorry where can I check the version? I am updated in HPM... btw I tried this with a fesh dashboard with no tweaks as well..

In HPM, try to do a repair on the hue solution. also, feel free to dm me for faster response

1 Like

So for individual lights, or for groups, I don't have any issues. But for individual lights that are a member of a group that is also being controlled, the group interferes with the lights. Make sure that if you have only groups or lights, not both, controlling any specific light. I will see what I can do about the light control in this scenario.

1 Like

It's groups I will check this and let u know

having some major internet issues.... might be a bit before I get back to this....

Hello @armand,

Sorry it has taken so long.... my ONT went out and I no router or network for a week.. I am back now... and before I could troubleshoot.. it appears my Hue devices are unresponsive... when I try to find any devices I get this:
2021-04-01 01:40:41.162 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to 192.168.254.70:80 [/192.168.254.70] failed: Connection refused (Connection refused) on line 116 (refreshHubStatus)

I think I figured it out I re assigned the same ip to my bridge.... Back to troubleshooting.... testing the grouped lights theory and will return

A couple things to try:

First, verify the IP address of the Hue hub has not changed.
Then, if the IP has not changed, then from the main app window for the Hue bridge integration, re-link your hub. If the IP is still correct, then your API user is no longer valid on the hue hub. I can enhance this to detect the exception, and take you to the hub authorization, but for now, just open the app, and on the main page, select the hub, and next through the whole system. it should ask to pair if the auth key is wrong

Oh ok. I was working on my response for that past hour in-between work issues. Then once you get the ip conflict resolved, you should be good to go again.

Hello so it appears it’s not mixed groups at all it is Hue groups directly from the bridge only...

Everyone using this, please upgrade to 1.5.17 or newer. I found a logic error that was causing a full hub refresh every single time the hub device was checking to see if auto refresh was enabled, resulting in several refresh operations when none should or one should occur. On my integrations hub, prior to this fix, the hub device accounted for 60% or more of busy cpu time. After the update it has dropped down to 20% with the hub device's auto refresh turned off.

Please update

Auto refresh is not typically required, because the system will perform delayed refresh operations after any change event. auto refresh was implemented for those that like to control their hue system from outside of Hubitat, and want hubitat to detect those changes.

Sorry it's been so long, I have been very busy.

I have fixed this issue. I thought it was an issue with the Hue system, so tonight I setup a bunch of detailed trace logs and discovered I was converting the Level value to Hue value twice in the setLevel call. Now it is working for me. Please update and try it out.

1 Like

Hello I have a feature request and not sure if it's even possible:

Is there any way to monitor the state of Hue Sync on the hue bridge? Here is my use case:

I have a couple of TV lightstrips that I use only with Hue Sync on the Hue bridge.
Problem is that the lights sometimes turn on by themselves even when they they are not syncing with the Hue HDMI sync box. I suspect the reason is due to power flickers in my house. (Hue lights will always turn on after any power disruption). If I could monitor the state of Hue Sync and turn off the lights when conditions are met it would solve my issue.

As I understand it, the Hue sync system does not directly drive lights. Rather it streams instructions to the lights that are already part of the existing hub. I could be completely wrong about this as I do not have a sync system. If I am correct, then those lights should appear on the hue hub, and by extension can be refreshed and controlled. So the then the question becomes, can I detect if the lights are current involved in a sync streaming session or not.
Q: When the lights are on, in that state, does hue know they are on? Because if not, then there isnt much I could do.
Also, on my hue bulbs, I had to update the firmware the. I was able to program the state to return to when power is restored. I can pick from on, off, or last state. Did you check for this setting already?

I just checked the Philips Hue firmware for Android and there were no updates available. Do you know where I could find this setting? If my theory regarding the cause of the issue is correct then this would be the easiest solution.

For the Hue branded lights, I find it under (in Hue app) Settings, Power-on behavior, select the light, and select Philip hue default to use the default state as reported in small text, Power loss recovery to restore the last used state, or Custom to tune the light to any setting you like. It sounds to me that you will want Power loss recovery.

It would appear Off is no longer an option. In custom, I cannot toggle on/off state, and cannot drag brightness to less than 1%.

Yeah I may have checked these settings before and could not find an Off option which is why I was exploring a solution with HE.

I can confirm that the hue bridge does know when light syncing is active as evidenced by the Hue app:

I need to check whether there is a state in HE for the Hue Bridge that indicates the same. I'll also check to see if the light state is consistent when Sync is active.

what happens if you stop light sync, set the power on state, then restart the light sync?

These probes into behavior are because I do not have a sync, so I cannot test anything regarding sync, or even see how the Hue Hub changes when Sync is in the network.

And with that, if anyone knows please chime in.

No problem! Thank you so much! Works great now! My HE useability factor just went up 200%!!!!

2 Likes