Release 2.0.2 (build 245) for Android

A new update for the Hubitat Mobile app for Android is now available in Google Play store. The following items have been addressed:

Fixes:

• Crash on Loading app
  • Improvements on re authentication
  • SmartStart showing for C5 hubs
  • Scrolling on Hub details items.

Additions:

• Warning dialog on purchase remote admin
  • Find Hubs option to Hub Details screen
  • Hide/show unsupported devices

Removals:

• Connect to hub on home page

For more details on using the new mobile apps, check out the following document: Mobile App | Hubitat Documentation
To learn more about setting up the geofence and presence sensing check out the following document: How to Set Up Mobile Presence Sensing | Hubitat Documentation

Download the new Hubitat mobile app today to take full control of your smart home:

Google Play Store for Android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hubitat.mobile

I'm using a Pixel 8 and when trying to set up the app after selecting my hub the app is stuck forever at "Saving selected hub..."

Dashboards when remote connected are MIA for me, endless spinner and they never appear. If I leave and return to dashboard page it's still empty, but spinner is gone.

When connected to local network they appear properly. Version...

1 Like

Perhaps I am alone, but I rather liked having "connect to hub" on the homepage.

The only path that I see now, is: user icon --> My Account --> Registered Hubs --> Connect to Hub

Otherwise, delighted with the progress. Cheers!

Edit; Just got on my home network and the fields automatically show the connect button! No problem.

3 Likes

You are probably not, but see this post and the one after for more details on the removal:

1 Like

So, it appears that 245 hit the play store for the production app now. So, how does one get it to show the custom name as opposed to the e-mail. I tried digging through all the settings and did not see a way.

Looks like the feature got missed to be ported to Android. It's only available on iOS, for now. I updated the notes, thanks for pointing it out.

2 Likes

I am trying to figure out how to migrate to the new app from the old one... I cannot get the geofence set. It just takes me to "the geographic center of the united states" and puts a geofence there. I tried zooming way out, then zooming back in where I live and I cannot find any way to change where the geofence is located. Why is there not a button that says "use my location"? Is the answer seriously to find the exact latitude and longitude of my house and enter that into the hub settings beforehand?

Another question:

I want the presence detection to be done on my old C5 hub. But when I open the app and go to devices I want it to show my C7 hub... is there a way to do that?

EDIT: It looks like I have to manually drag the location pin from the center of the US to where I live... that seems a little weird.

Next issue... the app says I am inside the geofence but the device on the hub still says not present.

I had not used the new Android app much due to the constant need to log in on the first version. Appreciate that being fixed! Thank you.

A few questions in order of priority (to me):

1. In the devices section, the devices are automatically listed by room, which is great. However, the order of the rooms seems to be random. Can it please sort alpha numerically with the exact same sort parameters as in the online / desktop access (and the old app)? Or is there a way to order the sort that I am missing?
  2. Is there a way to set the app to open directly to the devices section?
  3. For those of us who do not use Geofence, HSM or modes, is there a way to hide that?

This was not fixed for me until I created a new hubitat account using a different e-mail. Just out of curiosity, Are you running multiple copies of the app using the same e-mail login?
See:

Can't answer the other two questions. But, if you hit the gear icon in the upper right, then home page settings, you can toggle on/off the different sections

Home Page Settings

For the devices section, I don't think you can have it open to that page. BUT, you can add items to favorites so they show on the main opening screen. (They appear to populate in the order you added them)

Favorites

1 Like

@tray_e

Just out of curiosity, Are you running multiple copies of the app using the same e-mail login?

No, only one copy of the app on an Android. All other access via the web interface.

if you hit the gear icon in the upper right, then home page settings, you can toggle on/off the different sections

THANK YOU! The gear icon is so light on my screen I did not see it was there until you pointed it out and I looked for it and it is barely visible but there. Probably needs more contrast, but that is exactly what I was looking for.

BUT, you can add items to favorites so they show on the main opening screen.

Yes, I did that. In combo with edits from the settings screen you led me to, it's doing what I need. Getting rid of the stuff I don't use on the home screen yield sufficient screen real estate for sufficient favorites, so I don't have as much need for the dashboard.

FWIW, my dashboards are still inaccessible when I'm connected remotely over mobile data (endless progress spinner on Dashboard tab in app). On local network they show up fine.

1 Like

I still have a logging out or need to log in to app at random times issue. I then have to re log in and select mobile device.

I am using S22+ Android 14 with latest ota updates. App version 245

2 Likes

Which dashboard app? Are you using both or just one, if so which one?

Using both dashboard apps.

All dashboards are inaccessible. I just got a spinning progress bar on the dashboard tab.

Everything else in the mobile app seems to work fine. The Favorites and Devices tabs come up just fine.

This could be the same issue.

Random and likely unrelated question.... How do I change hubs?

Have you tried force closing the app?

1 Like

Swiping upon the app to close it from the open apps list seemed to work for a moment, dashboards showed up.

Went to another tab and came back and they were gone.

Did a full force close and all dashboards were MIA again, spinning progress. Put the app in the background and returned to it after a bit and went to the DB tab and dashboards appeared.

Put it into the backgrournd and swiped it upwards to close, relaunched the app and dashboards were MIA again, "endless" progress spinner. Interestingly, normally it's the hubitat progress spinner on a black background, this time it's on a white background. :man_shrugging: After about 45s to 60s the dashboards did finally reappear again.

Going to force stop and clear cache and see if that makes it any more stable.

Did a force close and clear cache.

There seems to be a pattern w/the black vs. white background. I selected the dashboard tab (after restarting app after force close/cache clear) and for 30s it was progress spinner on black background in app.

At 30s it switched to spinner on white background in app.

At 1m 45s dashboards showed up.

Everything else via internet is popping up/working very quickly on phone and computer (I'm on WI-Fi at father's house). Favorites and devices in app show up consitently/normally, so appears to be a dashboard-specific issue in the app.

1 Like