[RECURRING] OAuth Connections Down / Performance Issues

I'm seeing OAuth problems again. I've disabled my Pi-hole to ensure that's not getting in the way but still no luck. Anyone else having issues?

Sharptools gives me this message:

...and, working again, for now.

This continues to be a problem. Is anyone working on it?

1 Like

@support_team Having OAuth issues again this morning. Been waiting about an hour but can't get it to work.

2 Likes

We are aware of issues this morning:

1 Like

Please try again. The issue has been identified and a fix was implemented. Let us know if you continue to have any more problems.

Still having issues. I do get through to the login, then the hub selection, and then the devices to authorize. But it hangs after this screen and times out.

Just did another test with both Alexa and Google, they did work for me with no delays.
I'll be reviewing the entire process next week to get to the bottom of these issues.

3 Likes

Having remote login issues , cannot remote admin access hub anymore

For subscription related issues, please be sure to submit a case by visiting the following page:

We have checked the service and it is operational, so likely the problem may be with your account or hub.

I'm not convinced this is resolved. I think it's getting close to time to stick my pair of C-8s on eBay.

Is this the same thing that causes a lot of back and forth and time outs when trying to expose new buttons in Google Home?

Iā€™m seeing the same intermittent issues with Hubitat authorization this morning across Alexa, Google Home, SharpTools, etc. as well.

Usually just waiting a few minutes and trying again works...

Totally agree this is not resolved. Had to continually retry for 5-10 minutes before my changes finally took hold yesterday. I used to enjoy tinkering with SharpTools, but now I dread making any changes. I know it's a pain, but I may have to resurrect my old Home Assistant setup to avoid this constant Hubitat/SharpTools fiasco that's been going on for way too long.

For SharpTools, keep in mind that if you already have your hub authorized and you just want to update your device selections, you can bypass the OAuth process altogether.

Rather than updating the authorization from your SharpTools User Page ā†’ Manage Connections, you can update your device selections directly from the SharpTools 'app' within your Hubitat Hub's admin UI.

The latter approach bypasses the OAuth process altogether since you already have a valid authorization and just need to update the device selections and sync them over.

3 Likes

Thanks for this info. I think this was pointed out earlier in this thread, but it wasn't clear to me that, once authorized, I should be controlling the SharpTools sync from the Hubitat side...now I understand. Thanks again!

1 Like

It looks like the issues with the Hubitat authorization servers are occurring again.

I had a user report the issue last night and I was able to reproduce it in SharpTools, IFTTT, and Google Home.

When I checked this morning it seemed like things were back to normal again, but I'm seeing the issue recurring intermittently again this afternoon.

Tagging @bobbyD @gopher.ny and @mike.maxwell for awareness

1 Like

Can confirm the issues still on going, ive been having issues the past few days.

I second that.