Recommended Presence sensor

You could take a glance at Aqara FP1. It's a new Aqara PRESENCE sensor, not only motion. I know there isn't still a driver to HE, but the device is very interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah, it's the talk of the town.
I already have one Aqara device with no driver (The P1). Not sure that another one is a good idea :slight_smile:

I'm from Israel and the humidity here can get pretty high so I'm thinking if it's a good idea to go with the leak sensor

If humidity is pretty high it is better to avoid leak sensors and use a
contact sensor instead.

1 Like

That is the device discussed in the thread I linked to above.

From what I can gather, lack of a Hubitat driver is not the limiting factor. Has anyone seen one of these devices outside of China?

I saw a DIY pressure sensor on viewtube that measures the weight on it. You could trigger based on a persons weight mayhaps?

I saw a review done for YouTube here, and it is very promising. The review is in Brazilian Portuguese, but basically the sensor made a great impression, opening up a whole range of possibilities with features that were previously non-existent for a simple sensor: triggering only if there is movement from left to right or vice versa, detection of the presence of a human body, etc.

For bedrooms I just put motion sensors down low. So when you walk in and about they trigger. But when you are in bed they don’t. And as soon as you get out of bed, they trigger again. It works perfectly. I also use a circadian lighting routine so that at night the level is low and the light is low temp.

Yeah, but what if I lay in bed but I want the fan&lights to stay on. That's the issue here.
I think I'll use the motion solution for daytime but go manual at night.

I also use bed sensors (Withings “sleep pads”). They give a signal when a person is in bed and when they get up. They are not perfect, I’ve had one disconnect and can’t for the life of me get it reconnected. But when they work they are very good. There’s an app in the HPM for Withings devices.

1 Like

This is what I used with SmartThings. Is there a compatible driver for Hubitat?

I currently have the Eco-Link sensor used for the project paired as a "Generic Z-Wave Water Sensor". With ST I was able to edit the DTH to change the values to things like "open/closed" or "pressed/normal", but I can't seem to find the original code Hubitat uses, nor have I been able to figure out how to port over the DTH from SmartThings.

I solved my problem with a virtual switch - sleep mode can't activate unless 'awake' is off. When I go to bed, my last words are 'Alexa, good night'. This fires the alexa routines which flip the virtual switch to off, and triggers the mode manager to run and determine sleep or not based on my time period. It works great - I also have a 'Alexa, I'm up'. when I trigger it, it allows the morning routines to fire -I hate getting up at 4:30 and the lites go on, or I move in bed and the lights go on. arg.

If you post a GitHub link to the DTH you are using in the other thread you started, someone might port it for you.

1 Like