[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

I just released a new beta version (0.5.0.6), which includes support for the glass break sensor, as well as a lot of other changes. Please let me know if there are any issues.

2 Likes

I updated HPM to look for beta releases and it found an updated Ring app. But, it didn't show the driver for the glass break sensor.

Also, I'm seeing this (for many devices):

Thoughts?

Thanks a bunch!!

What type of devices are you seeing the errors on?

Morin Detectors (most/all)
Keypad (both)
Smoke Alarm (only one)
Siren (both)

@morse.caleb

A few of us are on the Hub Pro, that leaves a few more devices unrecognized. Nice to have:

warn Unsupported device type! adapter.sidewalk
warn Unsupported device type! adapter.sheila
warn Unsupported device type! battery-manager.kibo

Interested in, and capable of putting some drivers together?

We discussed this, but TBH we didn't come up with any great reasons exposing these would help home automation. Would love to hear ideas!

Hmm. The beta version of all of those drivers don't have any calls to 'updateDataValue'. I wonder if something went wrong with HPM updating those drivers?

I agree that there's probably not much of use in those device types.

@kraig109 Can you PM me some of the messages with those device types? I can use that to keep the warnings from getting logged.

I just pushed a new beta version that should fix this. HPM doesn't support a driver that's only available for a beta, so I had to add the glass break sensor driver to the non-beta version as well. I don't think this will affect non-beta users since the driver won't even get used.

2 Likes

@SoundersDude, yes we did state that it is not required (I did mention Nice to Have! :slight_smile: ). However,

1. It is better form to account for them all and stop the system from erroring
  2. You never know what might come up and how other smart people might make use of the data they may contain.
    I figured if we have some one capable and willing to build a Device Type for it, does not hurt to ask.

@morse.caleb , no worries. The API device already has a switch to prevent the error messages.

Cheers!

1 Like

@morse.caleb

Just to test the new Beta more, I removed the integration and installed it again but getting this error after entering the credentials in:

I confirmed the password works fine on Ring's website and if I revert back to older version it logs in fine so not sure if it's something wrong with the Beta version.

I can replicate on a 2nd hub too when I tried.

The glass break sensor installed.

I've not decided to through a rock through my windows to test it quite yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a bunch!!!

2 Likes

@kraig109 This is actually the reason I was asking you to PM me some example. I would like to at the very least stop the error messages from happening.

I tried a couple of things, but I haven't been able to reproduce this. Would it be possible for you to try out a special version with extra debug info added? You can get the special version of the app here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/hubitat_ring_integration/cdmorse-bfara83/src/apps/unofficial-ring-connect.groovy

Be careful posting the extra logs from this version. The logs will include your actual username/password.

I am still getting the following. I mentioned this a few months back with no answer. It seems when the doorbell goes into standby mode I get these errors.

Those errors seem to happen when the device is offline. I get those same errors when I try to poll a camera that has been unplugged. I have updated the beta version so that the log messages for that error are less verbose.

I'll PM you the logs once I have a chance tonight.

Will send a PM. Might be tomorrow at this point. cheers!

Why not? Lol

Actually, just drop a metal ustensile on a tile floor will do the same. Banging them together would also work as an alternative.

1 Like

@morse.caleb

I figured out the authentication issue I was having. I had to pick the option to change the OAuth info on the App Code which changed the Client ID and Client Secret to fix the issue.