[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

By this--are you thinking:

• Create a virtual device
  • Pick the first Ring Device and copy it's DNI
  • Change it's DNI to something else
  • Give the virtual device the DNI from that Ring device
  • repeat for all the Ring devices used in rules, etc.?

Hmmm... I’m not sure how well that would work in this case. I was just thinking of virtual devices with the same attributes so they could be replaced in apps (Ex.: RM). Otherwise, rules or apps could break...

All of my cameras has always gotten these errors but never really figured out why. So far it doesn't appear to cause any issues of any kind though at least for me.

I agree - it doesn’t seem to cause any harm. Main thing for me is that it is filling-up my logs and making it though to focus on the issues. :slight_smile:

Maybe the error code should be removed?

Ok. Thanks.. I'll just deal with the fallout on the RM side I think. Isn't actually all that much...I do what I can through alexa integration and virtual switches anyway... Just because I know Amazon won't periodically break that. Mostly I just get my lock statuses through the unofficial api because apparently letting alexa routines read the status of locks is somehow too much of a security risk to allow...uh.huh.... Thanks Bezos...

1 Like

I've got the Unofficial Ring support set up and it seems to be working fine. Today I finished adding my smoke detectors and when I went into the Hub to discover devices (which worked) when I went back to devices instead of seeing the Ring API Virtual Device with all of the child devices under it, I just see the Ring API Virtual Device. If I click on it I see all of the child devices listed and can click through to them, but what happened? Is there a max number of child devices that will display with the parent? I rebooted my hub to see if it would come back, but no dice. Any ideas?

Also, it seems like my doorbell is not refreshing. The battery level was stuck at 75% on my dashboard but from looking at the app I knew it was lower. I went into the doorbell device and clicked the refresh button and it came down. Do I need to schedule it for refresh, or is that supposed to happen automatically?

So with Ring Alarm and connected devices a websocket is connected and you should get this info in real-time.

You can see this in your logs under "Ring API Virtual Device". Mine re-connects every 4 hours.

For camera/doorbells - the connection is not local/directly from your Cameras to this app. You should be using one of the options to get "events" for the device.
While a Camera or Doorbell device might have a default battery state listed, it's never sent from Ring that I'm aware of, in particular if you are using IFTTT.

I hope that makes sense.

That does make sense, so what's the best way to get the doorbell to refresh?

Not sure what you mean. Your doorbell should only be contacting HE when either;
a. There is motion (if you have that setup)
b. when there is a ring (if you have that setup)

I've also only used this with IFTTT (or simulating it) per the instructions, I've never used the polling.

I just want the Doorbell to refresh periodically so the value it has for battery is correct. I set up a RM rule to do it every morning at 6AM

Does anyone know if there will be any attempt to add any of the new Ring products into the Unofficial Ring integration app?

Thanks for any info on this.

How exciting . now there is an outdoor siren being released!!!
does anyone know if the second generation of the ring alarm would work with this integration?

1 Like

If they are still Zwave that they could work directly with C7 hub I wouldn't be surprised. This integration someone would have to submit pull request to add them though.

1 Like

Hi I can t find Ring when I search for it in HPM. Any advice please?

You may have to install it manually from first post then do the Match Up option in HPM. Not all apps has keywords setup.

HPM keyword search may be broken atm...

Yea, I believe it’s not handling that error gracefully.

Yes it does work. I have both the first and second gen hubs.

1 Like

Thoughts on what might be causing this error?

I haven't made any changes to the Ring app in many months, this error only shows up once in a while

C-3, both Ring and HE are patched to current