[RE-RELEASE] EcoWitt and Wittboy Weather Stations And Sensors (Local)

You don't need Hubitat alongside the IP in your first screenshot

Yeah, I've tried it both ways and haven't seen a difference yet. I'll take it back off again and try it that way again.

Thanks.

1 Like

Victory!!

Thanks very much.

1 Like

Well done for sticking it out.

Did the sensors come through?

@niklasg, just to clarify my response to your question about moving onto the latest version of these drivers, while nothing has changed as such, if you are using the formatted output tiles on dashboards, links to font's / icons and other formatting elements that were hosted in Mirco's GitHub repository have now moved, so that would be the main reason for needing to move at this stage. If you are not using these, I don't believe there is an immediate need to move.

Obviously the normal incentives are still there such as receiving automated updates via HPM if you have them configured, etc.

Simon

Yes, the sensors showed up as children as expected. Thanks for your help...not sure why it suddenly worked. I had tried just using the IP address first, and when that didn't work I added the "hubitat." When I took it off and went back to just the IP like you suggested it magically began working. :man_shrugging: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes...this is important to me, really great to have this in HPM and supported!

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I did my own (visually boring) dashboard tiles, so no dependency on CSS, but maybe I should rethink that. Just how gorgeous do they get with the CSS-based styling? :slight_smile:

There are some examples and instructions on using Templates and Icons in the Readme for the drivers, so I'd suggest taking a look at these. These can help produce the "html" attribute on your sensors that you can then include in your dashboards.

Thanks! I had a really old version of the driver, where I copied the HTML template into the field. This is much better!

1 Like

This leads me to another question -- there's not a separate template for rain. I have an anemometer and a rain sensor coming in the mail. Should I combine them into a PWS and use template 3?

[Updated to refer to the right template ID.]

Hmmm, good question. Might have to think about that one while you wait for the delivery.... I have the 7-in-1 setup (can't remember the model) so have mine all combined into a single PWS in HE, but what is best for you I can't say for certain. My gut feel would be yes, combined.

Anyone else have any suggestions / experience with this?

First, I want to say thanks for working on this. I really appreciate it.

I am having some trouble switching over to the new driver. everything is installed, the correct firmware version is displayed and it syncs and creates the child sensors. However the child’s sensors never populate with data. This error is thrown in the logs:

perhaps I’m doing something wrong. I switched back to the old driver and that is working again for now.

thanks

Hmmm, odd one... A couple of random questions....

What HE version are you running?
Did you install the drivers via HPM or manually install them?
Did you use a MAC address or IP address in the configuration of the gateway?

Otherwise I'll try and look at it in the next 24-48 hours.

Simon

HE: 2.2.8.156
Installed via HPM
IP address

Thanks

I have 8 of the Ambient sensors that are very similar to the EcoWitt ones discussed here, but I don't think their gateway is strong/stable/reliable or integrated here.

Big question, is how happy are you all with the EcoWitt temp/hum sensors? They seem pretty solid and the gateway integrated through this seems pretty awesome as well. Just wanted to get some pros/cons if there were any that stood out compared to getting a bunch of Aqara sensors or similar.

Is it possible to use UVindex from my EcoWitt Sensor as a condition in RuleMachine?

I’ve been working on automating my solar pool heating. I have Zooz and Qbino devices setup to control all my pool valves, the pool pump, and to give me temperature readings of the pool water and the water coming down from the solar. ecowitt gives me temp and illuminance. I’ve been trying to figure out the conditions when the solar system can actually heat up the water. Illuminance seems to work ok, but once a cloud passes by, the illuminance drops and my my system thinks it should turn the solar off. cloud moves, solar comes back on. can be lots of starts and stops. I’m thinking UV index might work better as a condition

I'm pretty sure you can use attributes as triggers, but will need to check. I'm at least sure you can use attributes in some form in a rule, so if not a trigger, running a rule periodically to check it may be another option.

Just an idea.
If you already know water temperature coming down from the solar why do
you need Illuminance and/or UV index in addition?
Why not just to use a reasonable temperature delta to start/stop solar
and who cares about clouds if output water temperature is high enough?