[RE-RELEASE] EcoWitt and Wittboy Weather Stations And Sensors (Local)

It's accessible via File Manager. Easy to read right from the browser.
I haven't looked through @bptworld 's code yet but I'm wondering if the write-to-file child app uses a Quick Chart api or just local code? If it is local, it gives us a nice, down-n-dirty way to collect data.

FWIW, my attic sensor is generating roughly 8k per day with 2 attributes collected on 30 min intervals.

I'm expecting Bryan is using a common method to write data to a local file, not so much an API....

On the surface 8K seems high, but not unlikely....

In terms of the format of the data and making use of it elsewhere, that is completely up to Bryan and how he wants to develop his app. Depending on what you are wanting to use the data for, it is likely to be something you will need another driver to interpret.

Or UltraEdit. All I need is the text file. Easy enough to reformat to a spreadsheet. The need for graphing is a distant second to me.

Bryan produces a nice form.

seems high

My sensor name is long-ish and the app writes it every time it updates X 2 attributes.

Probably best to request of Bryan either directly or via his topic for the driver you are using.

Data collection is all local and has nothing to do with Quick Chart. It's just a simple text file.

2 Likes

Looking for help with my ecowitt information not seeming to get along to my HE. I followed the instructions on the readme up through setting up the weather service in WS View, then downloaded the drivers and got the device and then the child devices to show up just fine. But I don't believe I ever got the actual warning message in my logs (at least that I can find), and my reportings are all super erratic. Such as:

and

I have a GW1100B and a WH31. The information seems to be accurate and timely in the WS View app and in the web portal for the gateway, but somewhere along the line, the information isn't getting through properly to the hubitat. I've double checked the IP in the driver and then just changed it to the MAC, double checked the information in WS View and it seems to be what I was told to enter, all with no change.

Any ideas on what I've done wrong here?

It must still work, but I don't believe you need to include the https:// at the front of the Server IP / hostname setting in the WS View App. The rest of your settings look correct. It may be worth posting a screenshot of your gateway device page in HE as well.

When you say erratic, what exactly are you referring to? The time between readings not being a consistent 80 seconds, give or take? The reason I ask is that HE will only display Events in the pages you posted when there is an actual change to the attribute / reading. So just because the EcoWitt Gateway may be sending data and it is interpreted successfully by the driver, does not mean an Event will be recorded every time. Admittedly some readings will fluctuate enough to produce a reading most times, but just something to be aware of.

1 Like

I had actually added the https:// after wondering if I needed it, so that's good to know that I did that part okay in the first place.

I can tell it's not all getting through though since the actual WH31 in my living room is currently reading 78.1 degrees but hubitat has it listed as 80 and there's nothing below 80 in the events either. So even if it only displays events when something changed, it should have registered when the sensor dropped to 79, correct?

Then there is likely something not working or configured as it should. I added to my earlier post a request for a screenshot of the device page, I think that is likely the best place to start. Seeing the (redacted Preferences and attributes (Current States) would help. I won't be able to troubleshoot it in detail until later this evening (for me), but send the screenshots through and either I can take a look in between times, or someone else here may be able to assist.

For reference, here's the log again

You can see that as far as the hubitat events are concerned, the sensor went straight from 80 to 76. I had changed it to go out as far as tenths of a degree when I read that it only reports when there's a change, but shortly after that was when I checked it again and found that it was missing a bunch.

Here are screenshots of the device page for the gateway.
eco7

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

At a glance nothing stands out. May be worth checking the logs next.

Ok, so now it seems to be reporting in what I assume is a normal manner, where the temp and humidity are coming in regularly, taking into account the fact that there won't be a new event if the reading hasn't changed at all. I haven't touched anything since taking the http:// section out of the ecowitt app spot and changing the temperature readings to go down to one decimal point, but this wasn't doing this last night regardless. I know there was another thread that someone had pointed me to where a person's irregular reporting just happened to fix itself before they realized it wasn't reporting at all for a month. Is this a thing where it takes a couple days to iron out the kinks in reporting?

here's the new events page for the WH31 sensor

this now looks like an expected set of intervals between reports. As in no large gaps between temp readings where the room definitely didn't get that much cooler in 80 seconds.

1 Like

If you add the ecowitt.net reporting mentioned previously ....it graphs it and you can determine if the problem was the hubitat driver or not depending if you see gaps in the graph. If so it is most likely the ecowitt or wifi issues.

2 Likes

@kahn-hubitat I had actually done that as well, and ecowitt.net seemed to be getting the updates just fine. I can tell that Saturday night I signed up just before 1025pm, and both sensors that I have connected were getting readings every 5 minutes like clockwork, including data points where it hadn't changed even a tenth of a degree.

weird if it happens again.. you will need to turn on logging and see what the logs say,

Hey, brand new to hubitat and this is the first set of sensors I'm trying to add. I'm struggling a bit to get the html template to work, it seems to strip out HTML tags. I'm trying to add the humidity/temperature/pressure template for the device in preferences, but every time I hit "save preferences" it seems to strip out all of the HTML tags and my tile ends up with no newlines and no icons.

It goes from: <i class="ewi-temperature"></i> ${temperature} &deg;F<br><i class="ewi-humidity"></i> ${humidity} %<br><i class="ewi-pressure"></i> ${pressure} inHg

to: ${temperature} &deg;F ${humidity} % ${pressure} inHg

on button press

I've added the CSS file from the readme as well. Am I missing anything here? I've also tried just using the the id 1, but if I do that it won't let me select html as an attribute in the tile at all.

I need to update the documentation (in two parts). I don't believe the manual html entry works any more, after a change in the HE platform some time ago. You need to enter a template number from a list setup in a file on the EcoWitt repository. Let me find the one you need.

1 Like

Sorry, should have read the rest of your post :slight_smile:
Yes, 1 is what you need to add into the preference setting (you can add more if you want, separated by a comma). What may be happening is that you will need a change in, I expect, those conditions for the html attribute to appear. Basically, just give it some time and you should see the html attribute appear. If you don't, let me know and I can take a look.

If that is not the issue, you may simply need to refresh the dashboard... to see the attribute become available when creating a new tile.

1 Like

Using the ID and waiting a bit for another data push did it. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

here are all my templates you not sure you have all of them

there are in http://mail.lgk.com/ecowitt1.css

{
"name": "Ecowitt HTML template repository",
"templates": {
"2": "<i class="ewi-air" style="color:#${aqiColor}"> ${aqiDanger}
AQI: ${aqi}
PM2.5: ${pm25} µg/m³",
"2A": "<i class="ewi-air" style="color:#${aqiColor_avg_24h}"> ${aqiDanger_avg_24h}
AQI: ${aqi_avg_24h}
PM2.5: ${pm25_avg_24h} µg/m³",
"2B": "<i class="ewi-air" style="color:#${aqiColor}"> ${aqiDanger}
PM2.5: ${pm25} µg/m³
<i class="ewi-batt${batteryIcon}"> ${battery} %",
"5": "<i class="ewi-water" style="color:#${leakColor}"> ${leakMsg}",
"5B": "<i class="ewi-water" style="color:#${leakColor}"> ${leakMsg}
"7": "<i class="ewi-UV" style="color:#${ultravioletColor}"> ${ultravioletDanger}
UVI ${ultravioletIndex}
<i class="ewi-light"> ${illuminance} lux",
"9B": "<i class="ewi-batt${batteryTempIcon}"> Temp: ${batteryTemp} %
<i class="ewi-batt${batteryRainIcon}"> Rain: ${batteryRain} %
<i class="ewi-batt${batteryWindIcon}"> Wind: ${batteryWind} %",
"12": "<i class="ewi-air" style="color:#${aqiColor}"> ${aqiDanger}
PM2.5: ${pm25} µg/m³
PM10: ${pm10} µg/m³
CO2: ${carbonDioxide} ppm",
"12A":"<i class="ewi-air" style="color:#${aqiColor_avg_24h}"> ${aqiDanger_avg_24h}
AQI: ${aqi_avg_24h}
PM2.5: ${pm25_avg_24h} µg/m³
PM10: ${pm10_avg_24h} µg/m³
CO2: ${carbonDioxide_avg_24h} ppm"
},
"templatesImperial": {
"0": "<i class="ewi-temperature"> ${temperature} °F
<i class="ewi-humidity"> ${humidity} %",
"0B": "<i class="ewi-temperature"> ${temperature} °F
<i class="ewi-humidity"> ${humidity} %
"1": "<i class="ewi-temperature"> ${temperature} °F
<i class="ewi-pressure"> ${pressure} inHg",
"1A": "<i class="ewi-temperature" style="color:#${simmerColor}"> ${temperature} °F
<i class="ewi-pressure"> ${pressure} inHg",
"1B": "<i class="ewi-temperature"> ${temperature} °F
<i class="ewi-pressure"> ${pressure} inHg
"3": "<i class="ewi-windspeed"> ${windSpeed} mph
<i class="ewi-wind${windCompass}"> ${windDirection} ° ${windCompass}
<i class="ewi-rain"> ${rainRate} in/h
<i class="ewi-light"> ${illuminance} lux
UV ${ultravioletDanger}",
"4": "<i class="ewi-lightning"> ${lightningDistance} mi
<i class="ewi-time"> ${lightningTime}
${lightningCount} total",
"4B": "<i class="ewi-lightning"> ${lightningDistance} mi
<i class="ewi-time"> ${lightningTime}
${lightningCount} total
"6": "<i class="ewi-temperature">${temperature} °F
<i class="ewi-humidity">${humidity} %
<i class="ewi-dew">${dewPoint} °F
<i class="ewi-heat">${simmerIndex} SSI
<p style="color:#${simmerColor}">${simmerDanger}

",
"8": "<i class="ewi-rain"> ${rainRate} in/h
<i class="ewi-windspeed"> ${windSpeed} mph
<i class="ewi-wind${windCompass}"> ${windDirection} ° ${windCompass}",
"8A": "<i class="ewi-rain"> ${rainRate} in/h
<i class="ewi-windspeed" style="color:#${windColor}"> ${windSpeed} mph
<i class="ewi-wind${windCompass}"> ${windDirection} ° ${windCompass}",
"10": "<i class="ewi-rain"> ${rainRate} in/hr
Hourly: ${rainHourly} in
Daily: ${rainDaily} in
Monthly: ${rainMonthly} in
Total: ${rainTotal} in",
"10A": "<i class="ewi-rain"> ${rainRate} in/hr
Hourly: ${rainHourly} in
Daily: ${rainDaily} in
Monthly: ${rainMonthly} in
Yearly: ${rainYearly} in",
"11": "<i class="ewi-wind${windCompass}"> ${windDirection} ° ${windCompass}
<i class="ewi-windspeed" style="color:#${windColor}"> ${windSpeed} mph
Gust: ${windGust} mph
Daily Max: ${windGustMaxDaily} mph"
},
"templatesMetric": {
"0": "<i class="ewi-temperature"> ${temperature} °C
<i class="ewi-humidity"> ${humidity} %",
"0B": "<i class="ewi-temperature"> ${temperature} °C
"1": "<i class="ewi-temperature"> ${temperature} °C
<i class="ewi-pressure"> ${pressure} hPa",
"1A": "<i class="ewi-temperature" style="color:#${simmerColor}"> ${temperature} °C
<i class="ewi-pressure"> ${pressure} hPa",
"1B": "<i class="ewi-temperature"> ${temperature} °C
<i class="ewi-pressure"> ${pressure} hPa
"3": "<i class="ewi-windspeed"> ${windSpeed} km/h
<i class="ewi-wind${windCompass}"> ${windDirection} ° ${windCompass}
<i class="ewi-rain"> ${rainRate} mm/h
<i class="ewi-light"> ${illuminance} lux
<i class="ewi-UV" style="color:#${ultravioletColor}">UV ${ultravioletDanger}",
"4": "<i class="ewi-lightning"> ${lightningDistance} km