RBoy app for smartlocks

Would the tool @mike.maxwell wrote for setting zwave parameters be useful for these locks that do not have the parameters set by the driver?

The BE468 was the model that I have and can use the RM to add and remove codes with the default generic z-wave lock driver.

Parameters
number: 1-30 to identify code
string: Code
string: Friendly name to identify code used

Thanks. I was actually thinking of things like the autolock settings and the alarm settings. These are not accessible through the stock driver.

yes, that tool can be used for any zwave device

1 Like

In my case, my wife likes to disable the keypad at night and when we're away, so we use it that way

Do you have a link for info on this. It sounds like exactly what I need

The driver is here

the thread for it is here

I am afraid I do not know much beyond that. I have been waiting for the lock manager app to come out to see what it offers and does not offer before I go trying to figure out how to manually tweak settings myself.

looks like the info you need for different params may be here

Thanks for the info. Looks like it could work, but to work you have to change the driver every time you want to change a parameter.

Indeed I agree.

Only options for us I think are

1. Beg @mike.maxwell to make some of the params avaialble in the stock driver. (given the nature of this beast I think this is an unreasonable expectation)

2. Convince one of the developers from the other hub to support the locks on Hubitat.

3. The community creates / ports over a driver ourselves with the wanted capabilities. (I have attempted this one without much success.)

Does this exist yet?

No, but it is finally begun its internal release testing...

7 Likes

So excited with this! Locks are the only things I have left on my smartthings because I am so entrenched with user lock manager.

Mike,

Any updates on the Rboys lock app? Thank you.

RBoy app isn't coming to HE, unless he himself ports it over, per the license agreement. But the HE team have delivered LCM (Lock Code Manager), which has similar functionality and continues to evolve.

I chatted with him over christmas and he isn't going to port any apps to HE.

If you paid for his apps you could always port them yourself, as long as it is for private use and you don't share with others I don't see the harm.

If you share with others that have not paid for the rboy apps, obviously that wouldn't be smurfy.

Also a violation...

• You are NOT allowed to share, distribute, reuse or publicly host (e.g. GITHUB) the code. Refer to the license details on our website.

Yes it is. AND?

If they want to sue me for privately using software I paid for, then so be it. If they can prove actual damages in court (HIGHLY unlikely), then they can have the $100 they will get from it... lol.

4 Likes

@mario.fuchs Have you gotten the ID Lock 150 to work with HE? If you have can you use the keypad and the lock manager app or is it only open/close and status? Thanks!

Nope, I still have my ID lock 150 connected to SmartThings as one of the few lingering devices together with a bunch of Z-wave thermostats.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.