Rainmachine integration?

I am working on the Rain machine integration with Hubitat. Hope to have something ready for a few testers in another week or two. I agree that the Rain machine algorithms take care of most things but I wanted a way for anyone at the house to turn off the system in the event it comes on at an inconvenient time.

2 Likes

Excellent! I have a Rain Machine and would be happy to test for you if you need the help.

My rates are reasonable, and I promise to keep the two-martini lunches to a minimum. :wink:

1 Like

Would be very happy to help work out any kinks.

I agree that the algorithms for watering are good. But when it is 118 like the other day, I feel better watering a little extra.

@brad2 let me know if you want anything from the RGBgenie website and I'll send it to you for your efforts.

1 Like

I guess I must have mentioned it in a different thread, but that's pretty much my use case, too. To pause and/or alert when I have a certain door open and a certain subset of sprinklers are running.

I was trying to make that dash through the sprinklers last night, actually, and thinking that in an ideal world they would pause as soon as I opened the door. But that's going to end up like a dishwasher, where you have to open it slowly so you don't get splashed by the non-immediate response.

@brad2 count me in for as well! be more than happy to help test.

There is a first release available now via Hubitat Package Manager or you can manually install from GitHub - bsileo/Hubitat_RainMachine: Integrate SmartThings with RainMachine. i have not done any cleanup on documentation and still have some code to clear-up from the old smartThings side, but it seems to work for me.

Shout out to BRBeaird for doing all the real work here from his original repo.

5 Likes

@brad2

Excellent, that was quick!

Unfortunately, didn't seem to work completely for me, appears to be an issue w/the driver getting recognized.

I have the app and driver installed (I used Package Manager and I'm new to Hubitat - first day w/C7) and both the driver and app appeared to get installed automatically.

Ran the app and it found my RainMachine and allowed me to choose which programs/zones, but I got a bunch of driver errors - see below.

Summary
Installation Details:
North Slope Bottom: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Front Yard & North Slope: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Bubblers: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Back yard slope top and bottom: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 12: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 11 - Fruit tree bubblers: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 10 - Roses, lower bubblers behind Bball: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 6 - Back yard slopes: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 7 - Back yard slope top: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 8 - Lawn 1: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 9 - Lawn 2: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 2 - North side slope bottom: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 3 - Front yard left + Cam hedge: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 4 - Front yard garage side: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 5 - Front yard right: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Zone 1- North side slope top: problem creating RM device. Check your IDE to make sure the brbeaird : RainMachine device handler is installed and published.

Your SmartApp version (3.0.1) is not the latest version (3.0.0)

Also that last line that says I don't have the latest version. It seems to think that 3.0.0 is a newer version than 3.0.1. :wink:

I don't have any RainMachine devices showing up yet, presumably due to the device handler error messages.

This was a (dumb) mistake on my side with some namespaces. i have pushed updated code to fix this now. Can you try removing the App code and the device Driver for Rain Machine, and then do a Repair in Hubitat Package manager to reinstall both from the repository?

1 Like

You can safely ignore this...Its tied to the old code I ported from SmartThings and I didn't get around to cleaning this up yet.

1 Like

I assumed it was something simple that didn't get updated. :slight_smile:

Will do so now and confirm.

And will disregard the version info too. :slight_smile:

Sweet!! Houston, we have lift-off. No more errors during setup, and my programs and zones are appearing in my device list. Note to self...start w/a common term so they are all next to each other in my device list... :wink:

Pure genius, and I love your timing since today is my first day using my C7 and you gave me RainMachine all shiny and new. :smiley:

1 Like

Just type in "Rain" in the Device search bar and you'll have a nice neat list! That search will become your friend once you have a few hundred devices in there!

1 Like

Great, didn't know that. A lot to learn on this platform. Moving over from years w/SmartThings makes me feel very dumb again.

There are many here familiar with that journey. After a while you'll feel much smarter for making the switch.....

1 Like

SOOOOOO Cool! I'll install this Tuesday evening and let you know if I find anything.

1 Like

Yeah, I'm on day two and haven't really moved anything over from ST yet. I'm waiting for the update they are working on for the C7 FW to deal w/the pairing issues that have been found w/the C7 w/secure devices. I don't need to hurry up the migration, and in the meantime will continue to add apps and drivers I'm going to want to use, and add stuff like Hue and Ring and RainMachine (YAY! Thank you!) that can be on both systems at the same time.

Enjoying things w/HE overall, there have been some glitches (HubConnect won't work for me no matter what I do) but for the few test devices I've added (Visonic contact sensor and Iris motion sensor), getting them on HE was easy, and they do seem to work fine and fast. My ST setup was already very fast and reliable (I was one of the few w/little or no problems). Moving proactively to HE anyway to keep control over my system and have access to all of the custom options that ST is starting to lock down...

At first glance, this is a very nice start! Are you thinking you will implement "Pause" functionality? I need to rename the zones and programs better, so they all get grouped together... Maybe by adding a prefix. example RM-Front Yard , RM-Back Yard, etc.

Thank you for all the hard work!

Looking forward to installing this over the weekend so I can assign zones to a remote.

@brad2 my offer still stands. Just PM me.

I have been thinking about including a Prefix option. That said, just using Search to locate them (type "Rain") works pretty good.

For those who installed early, I pushed a release last night which change the drivers. You may need to delete everything and restart, or if easier just remove all of the Program devices, then go back through the App again so it recreates them. There is a new device driver for programs now.

1 Like