Radar human sensor (Tuya)

The first version of the driver is ready.

And these are the spammy distance reports that come every second, I have added an option to suppress logging the distance events, although they are still sent to the Zigbee network and received by the hub.

The next thing to test is whether this thing will really catch me if I take a nap in the office! :laughing:

7 Likes

Just looking around and found this thread. And I am looking for something like that! But saw your comments about the flooding. Isnt there a way of setting this up even with the tuya app?

I am not quite sure if I have understood the question, but if it is about configuring the multiple parameters of the Human Presence sensor from Tuya SmartLife mobile application and then use these settings in Hubitat - yes, it is possible,

However this will require a Tuya Zigbee hub, and not everyone has it, So the best solution is to be able to configure everything from HE.

1 Like

Well, your question is about the frequent distance reporting… No, there is no way to prevent this even with Tuya app. I sniffed the traffic with Tuya Zigbee gateway, it is the same.

This frequent reporting shouldn’t be a disaster for the Zigbee network if there are 1 or 2 such sensors, but I am not sure what will happen if there are 10 sensors activated at the same time. Note, that the distance is sent only when a life object is detected, the sensor is relatively quiet if not activated.

1 Like

Gotcha.

I am thinking here in situations like a fan or a window open that make the curtais to move a little. Today I make a game of counters and multiple PIR sensors toghether to not have the AC or the fan off during my sleep or just watching TV (since we be still for a period of time) so a solution like that (humand radar on the ceiling) would be awesome. But today I have around 60 zigbee devices at home and I started to put delays between commands (WebCore) so I dont have issues of commands not being received by the devices what was already happening and I think that maybe if they flood like that the network, it would be a nogo in my case here....

My Zigbee network (30+ devices) survived adding one Tuya radar which is sending distance reports every second...

The first real tests are successful, this device detects the presence pretty fast and keeps the occupancy active while standing still for a long time (watching TV in the bed :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

what's the range of these items? Can you put 2 within 10 feet of each other and tell them apart?

The sensor from the link above detects and keeps the presence from about 6 meters in my living room. The distance measured goes as far as 7 meters (I don't I have more space), theoretically, the maximum distance is 9.5 meters. I have placed another Tuya radar model in the same room that is 5 meters away and I haven't noticed any interferences between the two.

EDIT: as it turned out, the second Tuya sensor is not a mmWave radar, but a passive infrared sensor, so my previous observation was not correct.

1 Like

Found an interesting very critical article about this Tuya sensor, claiming it is not a millimeter wave radar at all!

The article is in Polish language, but Google Translate works very well! :

@jw970065 FYI

2 Likes

I was thinking like this article. The shape looked like a typical PIR sensor.
And there is no reason to use two sensors.

You actually have it. What is your opinion?
If what is applied to this sensor is not "mmWave", it will be settled in dispute. target.

Behaves strange, as I already mentioned... I want to first finish the driver for it as I have already spent time, then will crack open it to see what is inside. I may end up satisfying my curiosity at a high price ... :hot_face:

If you have a tuya hub, you can test it simply...
I have a tuya hub.

There was clearly a "mmWave" sign on my order, but now the seller has taken it out.

This is an illustration of the mmWave radars ranges taken from here: Tuya Wifi Smart Human Presence Detector Smart Human Body Pir Sensor Radar Detector Microwave Motion Sensors Wireless Real-time - Pir Motion Sensor - AliExpress

1 Like

An interesting 24 GHz radar appeared on AliExpress, unfortunately, only WiFi / BT versions at the moment. Usually, the Zigbee versions follow several months later.

What should 'fretting detection' mean ???

I'm interested in this product, so I put it in the cart.

When I saw your explanation, I mistook it for this product at first.
This 24 uses the frequency band in the middle of the existing Toya product 5.8 and Fp1 60.
I wonder if there is a plan to use Wi-Fi and it locally on Hubitat.

The product you are describing seems to use the same app as the sensor you have. Then there is a possibility that sensing is not immediate. A little bit of delay...

Wait, the seller promised to check with the R&D on their plans for a Zigbee version.

Unfortunately, no WiFi devices can talk directly to Hubitat. But, cloud integration is available : [BETA] Tuya Cloud Driver (Limited device support)

And it is very fast! (when the cloud connection is available, of course ).

No, it is different - the seller sent me this screenshot :

Looks this is the expensive MIR-HE200-TY model

2 Likes

Perhaps, they are talking about a restless situation.

It's 24 Ghz, Zigbee, but it's a little expensive.

1 Like

Looking at this video, it looks similar to FP1.

2 Likes