Rachio Hose Timer

Has anyone used the new Rachio Hose Timer kit yet? I just ordered one. I had a rather unfortunate (and expensive) incident last year when I was watering some trees. Went inside to look at something, got distracted and left the hose running for a few hours. Lost a lot of WAF points on that one. Hoping this will solve that problem. Not to mention i have some reseeding / new sod ill need to put in this will be handy for that.

Automate your watering with Rachio Smart Hose Timer | Rachio

Seems to be completely cloud dependent.

1 Like

I'm happy with the Orbit. There is an integration. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HL1FN44/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

And no API support planned. They seem to be open to it if there’s enough interest. I indicated my interest in their forum at that link.

I have one of these... works great.

Good news - Rachio will open the hose timer up to the API at some point

2 Likes

Is their software amazing? If it’s nothing special, then I’ll add a recommendation for the Orit B-hyve. I have three an they work great. One was hooped by a failed firmware upgrade and they replaced it very quickly, no questions other than a description of what caused the problem.

There’s a Hubitat integration and a Home Assistant integration. I’m using the HA integration because it’s going to allow me to automatically adjust the soil moisture settings for their smart watering feature once I receive the Misol bridge and sensors I ordered from Aliexpress.

Their software is much better than orbit. And the orbit batteries don’t last for me (don’t know about how that will compare with Rachio)

1 Like

Is now available in Beta:

1 Like

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll look into adding support.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten a sense of how long the batteries last in these? Mine will be a good 20-30 feet away from the wifi hub, so I'm afraid I'm going to have short battery life....at least that's been my experience with the Orbit B-Hyve hose timers.

I just ordered 2. Hopefully they'll be good! When they come in, I'll code it up.

Mine is not that far maybe 10 feet through a brick wall. Batteries are still good. Installed it in June or July, whenever they came out.

1 Like

Hey, thank you for you hard work!. I connected the driver for the hose timer. It is all looks kosher, however when I do a quick run from the rachio app, "watering" and "open/close" attributes are not getting updated. Any idea what to look for?

When I put mine back out this spring, it needed a new set of batteries. So it came in right around 10 months battery life for me.

I have two of these connected to one of their single hubs. So far no issues.

1 Like

For anyone interested, Costco has a 2 pack with the WiFi hub for $119. That's essentially BOGO for $20 compared to Rachio or Best Buy's prices for a single timer.
https://www.costco.com/rachio-smart-hose-timer-kit-with-2-valves-and-wifi-hub.product.4000233610.html

Dang, wish I’d have seen this a few weeks ago!

I just saw it on the Deal guy channel on You Tube a couple of weeks ago. At that time, it was $99. but $119 is still a deal.

Sure is considering I paid $89 each.

Curious, why did you only put a quick connect on one and not both of them?