I just started migration from Smartthings Hub to Hubitat. I can't find drivers for Quirky Trippers.Please advise.
Have you tried pairing them? They may just work with the generic zigbee sensor drivers.
Not every brand of every kind of device has its own driver, many will function just fine with the “generic” z-wave or zigbee driver for that type of device.
No idea if that applies to quirky branded devices, though.
Device is pairing with hub but doesn’t seems to be recognized as door open sensor.
Should I try change it from generic type to something else?
If it paired, then try changing the device driver to generic zigbee contact sensor. Then click the configure button, see if that gets it working.
Appreciate if you can confirm if the trippers work. have over 26 of them around my house and waiting on our hub to be delivered..
Sorry, I don’t know since I don’t actually own any. I was just trying to help @maxwatkins2010 troubleshoot based on the info he provided. Maybe he can follow up with us on how it’s going based on my last suggestion.
Sorry for delayed response but I have been busy with other projects.
I changed device type Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor and it seems to be working now . I can see it in hubitat reporting change of state and i can use it as open/close sensor.
I was able to get mine paired, but can't seem to get them to respond. Did you do anything in particular to get them to display correctly?
Here's the steps I took to get Hubitat to recognize and report the Quirky Trippers:
- Remove from Wink
- Open the Quirky panel, hold down the tamper switch and remove the battery
- While holding down the same tamper switch replace the battery
- Initiate the Zigbee discovery and name
- Edit the device and set to Generic Zigbee Contact Switch
- Hold down the tamper switch and remove the battery (same as step 2)
- While holding down the same tamper switch replace the battery (same as step 3)
- Re-initiate the Zigbee discovery - it should find the device again and this time apply the correct config