Questions about Hubitat history

This is my C-3 :grin: Still in service!

4 Likes

Mine looks the same, but dustier....

Til 2 mins ago when I took another look to verify there is no S/N on mine, and now, no dust either. :smiley:

This isn't a PM? :flushed:

:wink:

2 Likes

Well darn I did find a picture of a C4 when I googled.

Needs more of that patina dust to be a legit barn find.

Ha, it lives in my basement stairs. Doesn't get very dusty in there.

1 Like

Just checked mine... I had forgotten the dongle had the Hubitat logo on it. On its 2nd power supply but still running almost everything in my house all on its own:

15 Likes

I can't believe you haven't upgraded yet!

And that is one of the compelling reasons why one should buy the HE - longevity. It should not matter which model you are using as long as it works with your devices and the hardware holds out..

4 Likes

OK.. Now that is awesome. Jealous for sure but happy to be at the party, even if I arrived late.

I appreciate the post on the history. I have been frustrated more and more ever since they killed Echo Speaks on SmartThings.

I just got moved over all devices today (been a couple weeks of zwave exclusion magic spells)!

What I like is a quality company backing a platform that is open for extension (pure oss like home assistance is a mess, I need stability). Why? Smarthome tech is a soupy mess. Nothing worse than buying a device and being out of luck... or just stuck in the Alexa app.

The tipping point for me was how dang slow things were on SmartThings. I wanted to start getting motion sensors. On SmartThings? Hahaha. Then the clincher is this new platform that will kill groovy off. I was able to get a kevo lock working where the manufacture did not write a driver. With groovy extension you have a chance.

SmartThings was destroyed by Samsung.

7 Likes

I think you’ll like it here :slight_smile:.

Reach out to the community anytime with questions or issues, the discussions here are (usually) really great.

6 Likes