Question re: Iris Smart Plug (3210-L)

Good deal.

I will say I haven't had any issues with these plugs after getting them connected. They seem to have done the job of extending my ZWave network, particularly my Schlage lock. I had drops on this and after adding in 6 of these plugs, my lock hasn't dropped.

I can't believe that person is still selling them in lots of five on eBay. They must have a ton of them. I just paired my five in Zigbee and Zwave without too much issue. It's nice that these are actual relay controlled outlets. I have a few of the 2GIG-Z-BRDG-433 dimmers and those have leakage current and are really only good for incandescent lighting (leakage current allows LED's to light up). I'm super happy with these 3210-L outlets, especially at $10/ea.

1 Like

So other than the incompatibility with Xiaomi devices, is this one of the best options for adding inexpensive repeaters?

I have a few xiaomi devices, but also have some tradfri outlets and a second HE, so I could potentially connect the tradfri and xiaomi to one hub, and these iris outlets on the other. (They would only be there to serve as repeaters, I don't have much use for smart outlets beyond one or two.)

1 Like

That's how I've done it with 2 hubs and it works well. No repeating zigbee bulbs on either hub and everything seems to be stable.

IMHO, yes. I have been very pleased with the Iris 3210-L outlets acting as Zigbee / Z-Wave repeaters. I used Sengled (non-repeating) Zigbee bulbs, along with numerous Zigbee sensors, and have a very stable, reliable Zigbee mesh network.

2 Likes

This is what I've done. I use a combination of Iris plugs, Peanut plugs, and a couple Samsung plugs as repeaters on my non-Xiaomi Hubitat.

I just got some of these plug from Alex Sari on Ebay . There are no instructions. With all the info above, I managed to get them installed as both Z-Wave repeaters and Zigbee outlets. For Z-Wave, I did a factory reset - push and hold button while plugging into wall - when it starts blinking - a slow blink, then do the Hubitat zwave inclusion. I had to run the inclusion a second time before it found it. I don't know why 60 seconds the first time wasn't enough but there you go. For Zigbee, once powered on, press the button quickly (8? times) until it starts blinking on its own. The do the zigbee scan with Hubitat - it found mine quickly.

I think you have those steps backwards for Zigbee and ZWave.

4 Likes

Nope. It's what worked for me. Clearly, there's more (not) going on than just press 8 times.

Upon first power up/factory reset, the unit will first try to locate a Zigbee network. If none is found, it will then try to connect to a Z-wave network. (It supposedly can be utilized as strictly a repeater.)

That's the reason I bought them. I really don't need smart outlets.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.