Question about Zooz ZSE29

I just added the Zooz ZSE29 motion sensor today and used the recommend drive (Generic Z-Wave Motion Sensor). The manual shows variables in the Advanced section but I do not see these parameters on my device details. Does the generic driver support these parms or do I need to use a different driver?

I have one here but haven't connected it yet. There is a Zooz Outdoor Motion Sensor. See if that works.

Looks like I typo'd the model... it is a ZSE29

Ya you cleaned it up so I cleaned up my replies. :joy:

You would see this under "Preferences" rather than "Device Details" (but both on the device page itself if you were using the latter term loosely). The driver mentioned above is the built-in one recommended for the ZSE29. If there happen to be parameters in the manual that you don't think are exposed in the driver (I see it has a lot but I haven't cross-referenced the manual), you can always use the Basic Z-Wave Tool to set them--just temporarily switch to that driver, then switch back.

1 Like

I do not see a Preferences section on my device page... I've sent a email to Zooz support and awaiting their response.

The built in driver does not expose all those preferences. Use the Basic Zwave tool above to see and set them.

You install this Zwave tool driver, change the ZSE29 driver to this new Zwave driver (device type), hit save, and you can then see and set things. Once you are done, you change back to the "correct" device type, and save again.

2 Likes

Ahhh ok thanks.

Fantastic! I had no idea this was possible.

Just used the tool and the proper variable number and value to set to decrease the re-trigger interval for my ZSE18 in my laundry room, that was driving me crazy!

You should also look here. There isn't much to set on these, possibly only two settings.

There were additional settings added to VER. 2.0 of the ZSE29 and there is a custom device driver available to access them easily, click here for detailed instructions. Just remember this driver is to be used with VER. 2.0 or higher only.

There's actually a custom driver for the ZSE18 model as well! Click here for the instructions on how to access it.

We recently added a Hubitat section for each of our products in the Zooz Support Portal so feel free to look for solutions there as well and let me know if you'd like any particular questions to be covered.

2 Likes

About a month ago I added a new ZSE29. I don't seem to be able to access the battery level for this device - it doesn't show up as a capability. I've attached a screenshot of my device page. Any suggestions on how to expose the battery level? I know the battery level doesn't show up until there's been an update for the device - but I'd think that would happen at least monthly?

I have a ZSE29 that was purchased approx 2 years ago. I assume it is not the V2. I currently am using the Generic Zwave Motion Sensor driver. Is this the correct driver? I was hoping there is another one that will give me the lux reading. But can't seem to find out.