Question about Luton Pico Remotes

Correct. The Hubitat hub connects to the Lutron Hub locally via telnet. It is very fast. I added this a few weeks ago, best device I've ever added.

1 Like

Where does one buy a Lutron Pro Hub? I search Amazon and find Lutron L-BDGPRO-WH Caséta Smart Bridge Pro (http://amazon.com/dp/B00KRP23S0/). Is that the same thing? It costs almost $200.

If you are in the US you can't go wrong with this retailer

https://www.energyavenue.com/Lutron/L-BDGPRO2-WH

4 Likes

Does Lutron make (sell) a pico with blank buttons? It would be fairly easy to add clear adhesive labels, or to have them laser engraved on your own.

1 Like

I've heard you can order them with custom engraving so I would assume you could order them blank . . . Note standard risk of assuming.

BTW...it looks like code "FREESHIP18" still works for free domestic shipping in the US from Energy Avenue.

2 Likes

I've been trying to find a place that will sell the 4 button pico blank unengraved, and have them laser etched with larger custom icons in a horizontal orientation for scenes/modes. No luck so far.

Call Lutron directly. They do custom work, so they will know if it's possible. You might even be able to buy directly from them, but it won't be cheap.

1 Like

I did already. They’re usually very helpful but they joint pointed me to a general “where to buy” page that listed lutron resellers, that apparently (according to emailing them) we’re not “allowed by lutron” to sell their customized products. I’ve actually emailed 5 places and no one yet said that they can sell that part customized or blank.

Not that it is fully on topic. but pair these with the wall mount and a generic rectangle outlet cover. and they look like they were meant to be wherever you mount them. super clean way to add a " switch " somewhere. put one just outside my pantry door.

I have a Printer that is on an Appliance Module so I can turn it on from anywhere in the house and print to it. Then I go and get the paper and right above the printer is a Pico.. I press the bottom button and the appliance module literally 2 ft away goes click. The Appliance module is behind stuff, because that's where AC usually is.. the Pico is so very handy. IT's kinda dumb on the one hand.. $15 for a Pico, plus some 'slice' of the SmartBridge PRO's cost plus the appliance module ($25) just to not have to reach to the back of the shelf. :smiley:

1 Like

if you call that dumb. i wonder what we are all doing here. I have a smart plug in module on my recliner. to cut power to it when im not in it. this is to keep my 1 year old from pushing the buttons on the thing all the time. i literally have to ask alexa to "turn on recliner" to sit in my chair. ALL that to not have to plug / unplug it by hand.

2 Likes

Maybe a Thread on Rube Goldberg uses of Home Automation??

1 Like

Hah - finally I have an automation that's better than yours :grin:

All of my printing is spooled via CUPS. I have an old fashioned bash script that monitors the print queue. When there's something in the queue, I use mqtt_pub (and Node-RED) to turn on the printer which is on a Zooz appliance module. 10 minutes after the power draw is consistently under 10 watts, the appliance module is turned off ......

1 Like

I just leave my printer on.

4 Likes

I've been on this kick to reduce my power consumption (kWh/year) for the last several years ...

Untitled

Yeah - I know I've definitely spent more on new equipment than I've saved, but it's been a relatively fun personal challenge :joy:

4 Likes

Contact Paul Willemsen paul@hankselectric.net for ordering.
Radio Ra 2 - 4B - Pico 4 Button Battery Powered Keypad

In Googling it looks like it might not be possible to get with no engraving, but check with Paul.

1 Like

I've seen the order sheet, I contacted Lutron about it directly, seems, oddly, since all have to be ordered custom through them, but they won't sell them direct. I'll reach out to Paul, thank you.

I need 5-6 of them, $110 is steep. I wonder if rubbing alcohol would take the default etching off the $18 dollar ones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wonder how hard it would be to do the etching locally with a laser engraver.

1 Like