Pushover Notifications Driver [Slightly Enhanced]

Could you provide an example of an [E] message? I am successful with [H], but not [E]. The retry and time-out parameters dont do anything so I am likely not using this correctly. I am using the Notifications app and including this in Text Messages:

You should be able to simply try sending an Emergency message by typing in a string prefixed by [E] on the Pushover device’s details page in the “Device Notification” command at the top, and the press the command button.

Make sure you’ve filled in the following two settings below and click save, before trying the above.

And then you should receive a special emergency message on your phone.

1 Like

Please disregard again. I figured it out. I created a separate device for emergency pushover notifications with some specific parameters including the repeat and timeout numbers. I thought they needed to be in the message, but apparently not. The acknowledge link in the app also worked. All good!!

2 Likes

Thank you again! I really appreciate the assistance!

2 Likes

Any chance you could guide me through getting the logo added like you have?

1 Like

It has been a few years... I am pretty sure I did that on the Pushover web site within my account.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will give that a try.

Cool !! I had no idea there was anything configurable outside of the settings in the app !!

Edit: who knows, maybe I did know and just forgot that too :wink:

2 Likes

anyone else having issue getting the specify sound call out to work #soundsname#? Perhaps this is only in the slightly enhanced driver and I'm just using the driver that's in Hubitat already? Thought I read that Hubitat incorporated the driver but perhaps this "enhanced" driver is still not part of the build. I'd like to be able to set 2 scenarios to both use the [H] so that it sounds off even if my ringer is flicked off (iPhone) BUT I'd like to specify Bugle sound for one scenario, and different sound for the other. Am I going about this the wrong way? My syntax is: [H] ** #bugle# After Hours Open %device% opened at %time%

Some of the enhancements are only part of the community driver. This is described in the first post.

1 Like

Roger that. Much appreciated. Wasn't sure if the post indicating this driver being incorporated into Hubitat natively applied to this feature or not since it was a little older. I'll grab this community one! Thank you!

1 Like

I for the life of me can't get the speak notification to work. Is this a Samsung issue? Is there any known way to get it to work?

Sorry for the confusion... This driver will not make your phone "Speak", only a push notification.

The "speak()" command was originally added as it was the only way to pass a text string into the driver from some of the Hubitat apps back in 2018. Since then, pretty much all Hubitat apps support the 'deviceNotification()' command, and thus 'speak()' is no longer necessary. However, removing it might break some users setups, and thus it persists in the code.

1 Like

Ok thank you. I am using Autonotfication/tasker currently and am looking for a less battery intensive TTS and SMS vs the Autonotfication plug in. I've been able to find solutions for everything except the Autonotfication Query I use for TTS and SMS. Neither one of these have simple solutions lol.

Twilo may do what you want...sort of... It won't activate speech on your phone but will call you. I don't use it myself.

@guarddog13 My community Twilio or Plivo drivers support both SMS and voice capabilities. The stock Twilio driver is based on some early work of mine and doesn't provide voice capabilities. Both solutions are not that expensive but Plivo is a bit cheaper, less than $1 a month for a dedicated number and messaging.

1 Like

Thank you so much I'll look into these.

1 Like

I have created a Pushover device for notifications. However there is no "Hub Mesh enabled" button on the Device page.

Is it not possible to share Pushover devices via Hub Mesh?

Just create the exact same Pushover device on the second hub. Use the same key/credentials. It works great. No need to use Hub Mesh in this particular case.

4 Likes

Thanks @ogiewon :+1:

1 Like