Pushover Notifications Driver [Slightly Enhanced]

This is working really nicely, thanks all! Tested and seems to send a message reliably, High priority also works well.

Question - I'm not sure I get the point of the ^title^ feature. Can anyone enlighten me?

When I send this

[H]^WARNING^ - Its %time% and the %device% has turned %value%

What I see on the SMS is a high priority like this

^WARNING^ - Its 11:29 AM and the Kitchen - Freezer has turned OFF

That's fine and all, but whats the point of the ^^?

Thanks for your contribution, @s1godfrey. I have added your addition to the version in my GitHub repository.

1 Like

On my iPhone, that's not what I see. It looks like the following...

2 Likes

Thx for testing that for me @ogiewon. I'm using samsung android so either its android or i've got a formatting option I've missed.
Cheers.

1 Like

I know I am replying to an old post but this just helped me.

Previously I was using Hubconnect to share the pushover device but it looks like hub mesh doesn’t support it (unless I am doing something wrong)

Installed the driver on the second hub using the same keys and bobs your uncle.

1 Like

Is it possible to send to the Apple Watch via the pushover glances API?

update: got it working with Rules and http post.

Very handy for pushing info to the Apple Watch complication. Such as current mode, temp, lock state, whatever else. Hubitat is so cool.

1 Like

Yup ... confirmed that one today :relaxed:

1 Like

#sound# and ^Title^ do not work with the built in Integration. It works fine with the code off the github. It took me forever to figure that out.

Sorry about the confusion. I have revised the first post to hopefully help explain things a little better.

1 Like

No worries. This has become my favorite apps. I was using Autoremote before and you're limited to only 10 custom sounds. Plus Autoremote is a bit unreliable at times.

I like how much easier it is to pick a custom sound. It's even easy to change the title easily. This makes it so when I want to clear notifications with tasker I can pick and choose which ones to clear so the important ones don't disappear anymore.

1 Like

Is this the exact same driver built into HE now, or does this one have additional enhancements?
I use the internal one today.

It has additional functionality, as mentioned in the first post.

2 Likes

The additional functions make it beyond worth it too. This driver made it where it'll make the jump from webCoRE to RM that much easier. Moving the Autoremote link into a RM variable and utilizing it didn't seem easy.

2 Likes

Is there a way to get a motion sensor attribute into Pushover Notifications? Specifically, I have Pushover send me notifications when motion is detected on my IP cameras as follows:

%date% %time% ALERT! Motion has been detected by %device%!
(where %device% is the name of the IP camera).

This is working great, however. . .

The AI on my IP cameras have attributes which can identify Objects (such as “person” or “dog” or “truck” etc). These attributes are recognized by Hubitat and specific attributes can be used as triggers such as IPC-Driveway (person) so that only if the IPC-Driveway camera identifies a “person” will it trigger an event. I have this working in Rule 4.1 successfully.

I would also like to receive Pushover notifications which also identifies what attribute has triggered the notification, such as:

%date% %time% ALERT! A %attribute% has been detected by %device%!

Is there a way to incorporate the various “attributes” off of my IPCs and into my Pushover Notifications? TIA for any help!

Try %value%. Or you could create a global variable and have your rules look for keywords in that.

Thanks Guarddog13 for your help.
The reason I posted was that I initially tried %value% (like you thinking this would logically work) but the “value” that was reported was only the On/Off state of the IP cam (which shows up on HE as a motion sensor).
I’m relatively new to HE. My IP cam shows up as a HE device with various attributes listed as “Object” and “Last message” etc under the Status list of the device. What are the steps necessary to get these attributes set up as Global Variables? TIA for any help on this.

An update:
By setting up a RM4.1 rule, I was able to get the attribute “Object” from my IP cam (used as a motion detector) into a global variable. The detected object, such as “person” etc shows up as the value in the global variable.
However, I am still having trouble getting this global variable value into my Hubitat notification. In the notification text box, it says to enter the global variable value as %global-variable-name%. Although %date%, %time% and %device% works and shows up with the proper values for these in my Pushover notifications, I can’t seem to get the global variable value to show up in the notification. Anyone have any suggestions or insights as to what I am doing wrong? TIA to anyone that can help!

What is the type of the Global Variable? Perhaps RM is having a hard time with the type.

The global variable type is a string. RM is able to successfully get the attribute into the global variable. I just can’t get the value for the global variable into my notifications.

I have it working with global variables in my notification. The global variables are case sensitive.