Push notifications

Just recently stopped getting push notifications to come through. Anyone also seeing this?

Yes it had been happening to me at intervals. Then when you try to reconnect with the phone it wants to make a new phone device. I eventually moved to Pushover which has been reliable so far.

Is this what you are talking about?

I have noticed push notifications being hit or miss for the last week or so.

yep

It was always unreliable for me. I switched to pushover and it works great and has so many other features. (different alerts based on priority is awesome)

1 Like

Do I utilize Rule Machine for the pushover notifications then?

Yes, or any other HE app that has an action of sending a notification. you create a device that uses the pushover driver, then send notifications to that pretty much exactly as you had been doing to your phone. Obviously you have the extra hassle of setting up your pushover account and getting the API key etc, but on the Hubitat end it's pretty simple to use once set up. Each physical device that wants to receive notifications will need the Pushover app installed, be linked to your pushover account, and a hubitat device created to represent it.

Yes, it's just another notification action. So instead of notifying item-x, you use whatever pushover device you are using.

@piersm2 Note: Pushover only has to be installed on the phone, it doesn't need to be running to receive notifications. And you can use the same account on multiple phones and create multiple devices. So you could have phone-1, and phone-2 for your SO and have certain notifications go to each. Also you can set priorities in the messages do set different alert sounds on your device(s)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.