? Prospective device; CNZJSC circuit breakers

You. You made a valid point with it should not be reset remotely, but then you falsely stated that US breakers did not have a tripped position, in which they do.

2 Likes

Not all of them. Some just turn off.

Dude, that is a direct quote from you. You said there's no such thing. Period. I proved you wrong and provided 3 examples that do. I did not say all. For example the antiquated CH Eaton breaker does not. But I gave 3 that do. Thus your statement and I quote, "There is no such thing as "tripped" on breakers in the US." is false. End of story.

4 Likes

OMG...now who's splitting hairs!!! I left out the word all. Excuse me!! The fact remains that not all circuit breakers in the US have a red indicator or a "tripped" status. Correct? I showed you a damn picture of them!!! WTF?!?!

It's not splitting hairs. You blatantly said, No such thing in the US. Fake news! My Murray breakers don't have a red light, but they have a tripped position. Facts dude, facts.

And mine have neither. So, am i not in the US?

No, I didn't say yours. I corrected your false statement. I never mentioned YOURS. You said No such thing in the US. I gave THREE examples of breakers that do, that are in the US. I never said ALL breakers. I said three. You said NONE, I said SOME.

2 Likes

Good lord. Not all breakers have a tripped position, but some do - including those in the US. Ok?

You are both right. :smile:

1 Like

That is exactly what I was saying. And since it is not a requirement to have a tripped state, you can't assume that these do (the ones linked in the first post).

I agree with that. I wouldn't assume any breaker has that - if I needed or wanted it, I would check. Never assume.

The only thing I assume a breaker has is on and off.

That....in addition to the question of reseting remotely was my whole point. A circuit breaker trip, whether to off or tripped, should never be able to be reset remotely. It detected some problem...you should probably check before resetting.

That said...it seems that these are just regular breakers with a servo inside. Which to me, seems like it would be able to reset remotely. I would lump these in with the smart-switch on the gas fireplace or the smartswitch on the garbage disposal (and yes there was a guy who posted about doing that).

1 Like

Automated garbage disposal freaks me out. Lol. Probably watched too many horror movies.

1 Like

Do any Zigbee/Zwave circuit breakers exist? If so is there one that would work with HE?

It might take a bit of work and it would depend on the brand of circuit breaker panel you have but there is a remotely controllable Square D breaker. It is their Powerlink series and they fit the QO panel which has been a very popular panel for many years. I know someone has set this up with Smartthings.
The work might be using a Zwave dry contact device along with a relay etc. but if there is a strong enough need . . .
It might also be worth checking out what the PowerLink system is and whether it is API accessable.