? Prospective device; CNZJSC circuit breakers

On a physical breaker, you can't just turn back on a tripped breaker. It has to go off, then on. It's not stated how to reset a breaker on these.

My breakers have two states....on and off. There is no such thing as "tripped" on breakers in the US. Plus, when you go into the amazon listing, there appears to only be two states to that breaker as well and it is moved by a servo motor.

I'm in the U.S. Any Murray, Siemens, Square D breaker has a "tripped" position.

Your breakers will will usually show a red signal when tripped and you can't usually just turn them back on. They must be reset, which requires turning them off and then on.

Not all of them do.

And here's a "Square D" one that doesn't:

I know for a fact the HOM breaker trips half way, it doesn't go full off.

1 Like

I'm in the US and almost all of my breakers have a trip state. Maybe you just have old breakers...

But there are many different types of breakers, and to your point, not all of them have a trip state.

There is a separate switch position on your breakers that says trip? Or...is it just that you have to cycle from off to on to rest them. The physical breaker has two states. Connected or disconnected. The procedure you do to reset them is immaterial.

Maybe that model does....but not all breakers do that so why would you assume that this one does?

The handle usually sits in the middle. Not on not off.

You can't physically put a breaker in a "Tripped" position, only off and on. When it trips, it goes to an intermediate position. You then have to physically turn it off, then back on. The only way to get it on to "trip" position is to create a situation that would trip the breaker.

Good God you're splitting hairs. Fine you are right, and everyone else is wrong. Happy?

2 Likes

The simple test would be to put a paper clip in an outlet.

1 Like

That other model you show does the same thing.

If you don;t want to have an intelligent mature discussion then don't but don't be immature.

Ok... sorry I disagreed with you. I literally buy 3 state breakers every week for work. What would I know?

Just because you don't consider tripped requiring manual reset a 3rd state, does not mean it is not.

Few industrial application, or many new homes, use simple on off breakers anymore. Otherwise you don't know if it tripped or if it is supposed to be off due to maintenance or other activities.

Have a good day.

The reason there needs to be a tripped condition where it is an obvious indicator is where you had some breakers in the off position. If a tripped breaker was just off and you weren't certain which breaker to turn back on, you could easily turn the wrong one back on. You may know what every breaker does but not every panel is clearly marked.

2 Likes

All circuit breakers do not have a tripped state.
These breakers do not have a tripped state from what I am able to see on Amazon.
So, all this discussion is completely irrelevant.

If they do have a tripped state, can you reset them remotely? if so, my point stands. Safety devices should not be able to be reset remotely.

Except you were making other points that weren't accurate.

1 Like

Who wasn't?