Problems with zWave

Can you post your regular z-wave details page?

I don't know how to get it all on. one page...

0x24 looks to be an uncomplete pairing...

2 Likes

I went to check my deadbolt (036) and it looks like it might be a problem, Im going to exclude it and see if thats the issue.

4 Likes

What I was looking for... easier for me to see in the normal pages. If you can pair within a few feet of the hub....

2 Likes

As @rlithgow1 says, if you continue to have issues pairing your lock, you may need to find a long ethernet cable and get your hub within a few feet of the lock to pair it properly. Locks can be picky beasts due to their secure nature.

1 Like

They are a pain... I think I'm going to leave it out for a day or two and see if it is the culprit.

If you've excluded it, then yes, that should confirm it was the problem child. Your mesh may need some time. After you exclude the lock, I'd reboot your hub, just to start a bit cleaner.

1 Like

Is there any value in doing a soft reset?

Probably not at the moment. Shut down from settings menu, unplug at wall (not hub) for 5 mins and power back up to clear your z-wave radio then let things settle.

2 Likes

You can also take out the hinge pins for the door and move the door to the hub.

4 Likes

To twist a phrase, if Mohammed won't go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed.

6 Likes

Or use the wifi option

1 Like

Wife wants to know "What is so funny!?" hearing me laughing from two rooms away. :wink:

6 Likes

I feel like I've let myself down, not using the addition of that feature as an opportunity to purchase yet another piece of tech I really don't have to have.

I pity my kids...neither is terribly techie/geeky, so they are going to have a lot of "What the f*** does this do?!" moments when they go through my stuff after I'm gone. :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s not too late :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was able to leave the door on ... but did discover the lock was bad. What made this issue more confusing for me was that I changed out the wave antenna and consolidated two C7's to this one right around the time the lock must have started going bad. Now the network is behaving as expected. I'm not real excited that the Ring V2 contact sensors, both less than 8 feet away connect at 40kbs, but the automations work fit enough anyway.

I now have 9 aeotec 700 series repeaters and several aeotec outlets that never pulled their weight I excluded to get rid of devices that weren't doing anything ... guess I could trade them in for a dongle...

I had better luck with the Ring V2 Extenders than the aeotec myself..

1 Like

Interestingly I have weird connectivity issues with my ring v2 keypads even though the problematic one is 10' from the hub and there are repeating devices less than 3 ft away. Wonder if it's something about ring...

If it's routing through something, exclude the device the keypad is routing through, do a repair on the keypad, then add the removed device back in. Usually you can force the route change that way...

1 Like