Problems with zWave

I have a C7 and recently installed the hub mesh details app and am getting warnings in the log that say has "no zwNodeInfo. (Not a z-wave device?)". The devices are unresponsive as well, any idea what could be wrong?

I'm not familiar with the hub mesh details app... do you mean the zwave mesh details app by @tony.fleisher?

Can you post a screen shot of your zwave details page?

You are correct, I used the wrong name.

So I'm guessing that you Authorized the Extended Data option and selected All? In doing so it appears that you included some non-zwave devices; if you remove those from the authorization page the warnings should go away.

2 Likes

Thaht's what I thought too, like the iPad... but some are zwave... like the Inovelli switch and the garage landing lights. They have routes and stuff.

1 Like

The Inovelli LED is a child device and doesn't have its own zwave controller. Same with the Quick Effect 1 & 2.

2 Likes

So the error message looks resolved, but what did you mean "are non responsive"

I'd suggest updating the thread title for accuracy, as the C7 had z-wave issues in the past, which are mostly resolved and the hub itself has nothing to do with the custom app.

2 Likes

After looking at all of the devices that showed that message you are right on, they are non z wave devices or child devices. But... for some reason devices within 10 feet of the hub go non responsive and or have extremely high rtt numbers though they are showing direct connections at 100kbs. I thought it might be slow response from the hub being to busy so I've removed apps and devices to reduce the load. I'm starting to wonder if the 700 series devices are the problem...

Can you post your regular z-wave details page?

I don't know how to get it all on. one page...

0x24 looks to be an uncomplete pairing...

2 Likes

I went to check my deadbolt (036) and it looks like it might be a problem, Im going to exclude it and see if thats the issue.

4 Likes

What I was looking for... easier for me to see in the normal pages. If you can pair within a few feet of the hub....

2 Likes

As @rlithgow1 says, if you continue to have issues pairing your lock, you may need to find a long ethernet cable and get your hub within a few feet of the lock to pair it properly. Locks can be picky beasts due to their secure nature.

1 Like

They are a pain... I think I'm going to leave it out for a day or two and see if it is the culprit.

If you've excluded it, then yes, that should confirm it was the problem child. Your mesh may need some time. After you exclude the lock, I'd reboot your hub, just to start a bit cleaner.

1 Like

Is there any value in doing a soft reset?

Probably not at the moment. Shut down from settings menu, unplug at wall (not hub) for 5 mins and power back up to clear your z-wave radio then let things settle.

2 Likes

You can also take out the hinge pins for the door and move the door to the hub.

4 Likes

To twist a phrase, if Mohammed won't go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed.

6 Likes