Problems with Remote Admin subscription service

I feel like I am the only one using authentication for the hub... haha. I keep trying but still experiencing the same issue, where Incan get to the hub, but with authentication enabled I can’t get in, with authentication disabled I can.

Does it send you to 127.0.0.1 by any chance? If yes, I was able to (intermittently) reproduce that behavior, and it will get straightened out in the next hotfix.

1 Like

No idea. I access remote admin via my cell phone. I don't have an inspector that works that same to see. But the URL is: https://remoteaccess.aws.hubitat.com/login?loginRedirect=%2F

I'm also having issues with remote admin.
It's getting stuck on https://remoteaccess.aws.hubitat.com/proxy/remoteConnectWithTokenPost

And I am on the latest firmware 2.2.6.133

2.2.6.134 is the current version...

1 Like

oh yeah I just see it now on the forum.
I only updated yesterday to 2.2.6.133 and 2.2.6.134 isn't coming up for me yet

It doesn't come up if you go to Settings|Check for Updates?

Still stuck here. The Remote Admin connection seems to be trying to open a HTTPS connection to the private IP address of the Hubitat (a 172.16.x.x address on my home LAN). This is not routeable from the internet, so appears to being dropped by the local ISP router. This results in the same hang other folk are seeing.

Noted - will check this out.

Any update on getting this to work to authenticated logins to the hub?

I managed to sign into it today. Hopefully it will stay working reliably

I suspect a reboot pulled hub's new "authorized for" list, which didn't have remote admin prior to reboot.

Still in progress, but it's not far off.

1 Like

yes that sounds plausible. I did do a reboot. it didn't work straight away as I did the reboot yesterday and checked back in today, so perhaps there is some delay between the reboot and pulling a new authorised for list

I've been trying to use the 'Connect to Hub' button under Registered Hubs to do Remote Admin, which seemed the intuitive thing to do (and has been hanging).

Below this is a pane of "Subscriptions" which I had been ignoring as I assumed it was to do with managing subscriptions. However, when I tried "Goto Remote Admin" in the Subscriptions pane it correctly did a cloud-proxy into my hub. Awesome!

Has anyone else done this ? Is so this could be a UI design issue rather than connectivity.

@gopher.ny It would be good if doing Hub Remote Admin could be integrated with primary functionality rather than indirectly off Subscriptions.

If a hub has UI security on and remote admin is accessed through Safari (mobile or desktop), there's an issue that keeps authentication page from going away. The fix will be out there in a couple of days, but if this affects you, please use Chrome or Firefox on your Apple device. Turning UI security off makes it work in Safari, too.

We'll think of a way to make that cleaner. Maybe disable the Connect to Hub when hub is not on the same local network...

All web browsers on iOS/iPadOS devices use WebKit, and so they all exhibit the same behavior.

I have confirmed it does work on the Blink engine for Chrome and Edge both on MacOS.

All good now! Thanks.

1 Like

The same problem is occurring here. I just signed for Remote Admin, but I'm not able to access the router, I also stuck in the same page.

C-7 running firmware 2.2.6.140.

Try reboot the hub - it most likely hasn't gotten the updated permissions and doesn't "know" it can do remote access.

1 Like