Problem hub rebooting on its own after cloud backup in 2.2.6

Was this also problem in 225? Haven't upgraded yet to 226 but had my first Zigbee crash last week (Zigbee stick turn off for about 20 min) around 11:30 PM. Looking at logs it seemed like a lot of ZWave activity before shutdown.

Nope-couldn't have been. :slight_smile:

This issue is only cropping up on the "cloud backups" that were released starting in 2.2.6.

Unlike the longstanding "local" and internal backups, the cloud backups ALSO have to back up the Z-Wave information. Something is apparently out of sorts with that--and @gopher.ny is busy at work trying to figure that out.

Thankfully, it's not "crashing"--only doing a controlled restart.

Rats! that means I have to go back to original plan and do an Easter egg hunt on a failing device. Oh well :mage:

2 Likes

2 Likes

You probably should update to 2.2.6. The troubleshooting has expanded to possibly make this an easier endeavor.

2 Likes

Is that screen available on a C4? Seems like most the best new features are C5 and C7.
Could save a little time, but I already know I have a bad character on my Zigbee list. Hoping in and out of route table entry. Just have to get screen capture to identify at right time. 2-3 times a day shows in discovery. All it takes is lots of time, money and resources. :laughing: :laughing:

That I don’t know. I’m using C-5s.

The only feature not backported to C4/earlier hubs is Settings - Networking, due to the effort involved in its implementation.

1 Like

Um, and Z-Wave radio cloud backup/restore (because of hardware limitations), only for C-7.

1 Like

And the new zwave stack with accompanying goodies like the zwave device firmware uploader.

Well... true, but that's because hardware is different. Can't program our way around that.

2 Likes

This is interesting. Does the cloud backup shutdown the z-wave stack for the backup process?

any lead on getting the "fix" i just forced a backup after latest release and obviously still rebooting.. this time i could see no events coming in.. so see why it is rebooting.

I just forced a manual cloud backup on my zwave hub (on 2.2.6.140) the other day and it didn't reboot (it used to though). Maybe it is fixed now? Not sure I ever saw them say it was fixed, though...

@gopher.ny @bcopeland For the record, my zwave hub is still rebooting randomly when cloud backups are done - presumably from the zwave radio restart. Running 2.2.7.123.

I hope there is a fix in the future, as I can't turn on auto cloud backups going if it is going to randomly reboot. Doing them manually for now during times I can live with it potentially rebooting.

1 Like

yep just took a cloud backup manually on my problematic hub as i have auto disabled for obvious reaons. I didn't have a cloud backup for last few f/w versions.

I confirm ... same issue ... rebooted.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.