Pressure Mat Recommendations?

As @danabw mentioned above, Dan posted a project using the FSRs. It does require some tinkering and knowledge of Arduinos to setup, but it has been one of my wife and Is favorite automations.

3 Likes

I randomly found the same pad and your review sold me on it :joy:, I bought two, snipped the cords, and used Ecolink z-wave door sensors since those have easy screw-down contacts. My only issue is that I'm using them for bed occupancy and the weight of the mattress is enough to trigger them. I had to move them all the way up to the head of the mattress and they work pretty well that way. I wanted to keep things on z-wave (less moving parts) so this was perfect for me!

I ordered the more robust 18x24" version off eBay.

1 Like

Which version of the pressure mats did you use? The 25 lb or the 60 lb? If it's the 25 lb sounds like I should try the 60 lb. If it's the 60 lb, then I guess that's what I should expect too.

I just got the SK630 mentioned in the original post. I found that if I place it ever so slightly, around where you lay your head, it works just fine.

I also was having issues with the Ecolinks (presumably since they were wedged between mattress and box spring) and got a single Zooz ZEN17. It was cheap, is 700 series, is hardwired for power, and supports two of the pads at once so it was a very nice upgrade. Happy to show you how I configed mine if it's helpful.

1 Like