Presence Governor

@doug. Going to give this app a try. What is the Proxy? Do I need to first setup a virtual device for the proxy?

Not @doug, but the Proxy is in fact a virtual presence sensor as you have surmised. And you will use the Proxy as the presence sensor that monitors records Home/Away status.

1 Like

@aaiyar Got it. I have setup the virtual presence devices.

My other guess would be the Departure / Arrival Threshold would be now many Sensors have to be set to Arrive or Not Present before it will trigger the Virtual Device.

I have mine set for 1 and 1.

1 Like

I use 2 for departure and 1 for arrival.

3 Likes

What would a WiFi sensor be? Is this a special device or can I use my Android phone as a WiFi sensor?

You can. You will need to assign your phone a static IP address and use this driver:

@aaiyar I just found this app. Installed and test on an Android Galaxy S8. Works well. Senses presence in about 1 1/2 mins.

This is now my 3 presence sensor to work with Presence Governor.

2 Likes

@doug I installed this app last night. So far it has been working flawlessly. I have noticed in the code, mine says 1v.0 not v1.2.

Glad it's working out for y'all.
Look at the child app, the parent app has not iterated since inception. I'm up to 1.2.7 on the child app.

1 Like

@doug. Roger that. Child is 1.2.7

getting some error messages./

No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Presence Governor - Child, namespace:dwb, parent:dwb:Presence Governor, ...]]

for example when copying the code.

You need to install the parent code first.

I tried that also.. I get this error message. :frowning:
No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Presence Governor, namespace:dwb, author:Doug Beard, description:Combine the states of multiple presence sensors into a single proxy state., ...]]

I haven't a clue why that would happen if you got all the parent app installed. :thinking:

My apologies, I install it in the drivers code.. :frowning:

1 Like

I can't seem to get PG to work. I'm using Iphone (Hubitat App) and WiFi. Settings Questions: What goes into Presence Section? (I Put my Iphone) What goes into Proxy Section? (I put in Virtual Devices) Doing it this way never shows mine or my wife's phone as away. Any help is appreciated. EDIT: WiFi driver is installed

You need to create a virtual presence device to be your proxy. The app will set the virtual device present or not based on the combination and thresholds you set. Then use your virtual presence proxy for automations based on presence.

I always meant to add the proxy creation automation during app installation but haven’t gotten to it.

2 Likes

Thanks!

So might be a strange question, I have a Zigbee Kwikset lock. When I set the lock, it does not let me select the master code? is there a way to get that to be one of the codes that unset the presence.

If the master code wasn't set using Hubitat, then Hubitat would be unaware of it. When I've setup my locks using Hubitat, I factory reset them, then deleted the two "factory" codes in slot 1 and slot 2 before adding new codes using Lock Code Manager.

1 Like