Power goes off, lights come on?

Just as an aside, Lifx bulbs pre stage as well and have better color accuracy and brightness than the hue..

True - LIFX makes some very nice smart bulbs! They do require WiFi which can be a problem for some home networks. And their parent company, Buddy, is in financial trouble - FWIW. Hopefully, LIFX will survive Buddy's restructuring.

LIFX Parent Company Issues: Is LIFX Still In Business?.

2 Likes

I certainly hope so.

Luckily, should LIFX go under, LIFX bulbs already provisioned will continue to work with Hubitat. And, with an iPhone, unused/re-used LIFX bulbs can be added to the WiFi network, and provisioned to be used locally with Hubitat.

1 Like

Just wanted to clarify - I assume you specifically mention the iPhone because there is not a similar option on Android devices?

(Or Palm?) :wink:

1 Like

Yes. LIFX bulbs are HomeKit compatible, and as such can be provisioned directly using the Apple Home app.

I wonder if Home Assistant can also do it using the HomeKit Controller component. :thinking:

Any thoughts, @ogiewon ?

1 Like

You can use android just fine. You need to leave the bulbs on for 15 mins and they will make their own access point. With the lifx software running, you simply connect to the bulb ap with your phone and use the software to join it to your local SSID. Once that is done you can get the integration. So this would work with or without internet connection or cloud servers. Local to the android phone...

2 Likes

I am not sure about that. It might work...

1 Like

Take a look at the Lutron Caseta lamp module. I just double checked mine and it works as you would like with floor and table lamps and dimmable bulbs. I believe it requires a Lutron Pro 2 hub to connect to Hubitat. It restores to its previous state if power is removed and turned back on. Amazon.com

2 Likes