Possible Arlo integration options

All this because Hubitat can't get around to writing an Arlo integration. It's so irritating.

For what itโ€™s worth, and I may be duplicating effort, I created a quick Arlo Camera device to use with the SmartThings and Hubitat nodes:

Arlo Camera Device

and a 6 camera sample flow to support (using polling):
SmartThings - Hubitat Arlo Flow

I have the clip capture working from end to end, but havenโ€™t found a way to pull it back into HE yet. (Pulling back the Clip object from ST, but it is worthless).

This is in some way some duplication, but I haven't done anything with looking at the video capture functionality. My driver is also very simplistic compared to yours. Just different ways of doing things I guess. But i am interested in knowing more about your Video record routine. I am not sure about bringing the video back to Hubitat, but at least triggering a recording may be nice to have from Hubitat.

The capture command takes 3 timestamp parameters (as near as I can tell: command start, capture start, and capture end), but after I coded for that I discovered they donโ€™t seem to be used by the ST node. Capture is 60 seconds long, no matter what you send it (timestamps can actually be in the past and it still works).

1 Like

That is actually a change that took place with the new Smarthings arlo integration that was deployed late last year. Prior to that you could specify values and determine the record time. That is cool to hear that it doesn't matter though so then submitting the command should be easy.

I will try it out myself.

I wonder if at some point Samsung starts charging for their dev service. Might be careful committing fully to this option lest another IFTTT debacle hits...

So i have tried a few different things, and so far any time i submit the record command from Node Red I get. "[error] 424, null"

It really stinks how they setup the pallet for SAS because allot of the information that would help make it easy to share gets lost on the flow. What version of the pallet are you running?

Looks like node-red-contrib-samsung-automation-studio-nodes 1.1.0 & node-red-contrib-hubitat 1.6.2

I just updated the first post in this thread. It should give anyone that isn't familiar with running server software at home a good place to start to load Node Red and other needed things.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.