[Port] Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat (CT-100 w/ Humidity and Time Update)

Yes. That is what I'm using. Here are some tips to make it work well.

1. Put the thermostat in simple mode to turn off the schedules built in to the thermostat. Use Hubitat to control the schedule.
  2. This is what threw me off. When you make changes at the Thermostat it will IMMEDIATELY update the status in Hubitat. HOWEVER, if you use the Radio Thermostat app to make changes (I was doing this to monitor the log) it will NOT report the changes to Hubitat. I don't know if it's a conflict between the WiFi and Zwave USNAP modules, but it is what it is.
  3. Make sure your USNAP ZWave module is version 2 (Zwave Plus). The version 1 (not Zwave Plus) was sketchy.

I've had it running this way for a month now and has been spot on and playing well with my Google Home Hub, Google Minis, and Googe Home App.

Seems like @curtman3 knows best. I don't have any experience with the CT30 but imagine they all use the same protocol. Does that model support reporting RH?

Thank you for the driver and @dkkohler
I can confirm my Spirit TRV works a dream https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075X257NC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

If you don't need temperatureUp/Down methods then you can use Generic Z-Wave Thermostat driver built into Hubitat hub. This way you can use it with Google Home app.

1 Like

Is there a way you can remove the "cool and fan part" of the thermostat? For cooling function in UK is called open a window

I don't think so. But with global warming cooling part might be useful :smiley:

1 Like

How do you manage to set the thermostat to be in range with what the TRV can achieve?
If I set the temp to say 10deg, the TRV bottoms out on the mechanical range, however I can still carry on reducing the temp settings on the thermostat, but obviously it makes no difference in the range of the TRV.

Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat does't allow temperatures outside of 4 - 28 C range.
I'm not sure how Generic driver works in that matter.
I never really needed to control my TRVs by incrementing/decrimenting the temperature by a small factor. They either heat at 23 C or go down to 17 C.

Figured out a lot of the issues, the TRV had not installed properly on the plunge range.
Do you know of a way to set the screen upside down? I can see it in the data sheet, but not sure what bit to change?

It looks like it is parameter 1. O=default, 1=inverted
check out page 18 https://botland.com.pl/pl/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=2659
You can use this Super basic Z-Wave parameter tool
to change the parameter. The manual is in the app.

I'm thinking now that 'invert' does not mean 'upside down' - I never checked it. Or perhaps it does in this case?
EDIT: It turns the display upside down.

I'm slower than you on this

I have the driver set, do I place 1 into parameter and 1 into value and then save?

3x1
1 parameterNumber
1 size
1 value

observe the display
if it doesn't turn try pressing a middle button

press Set Parameter

1 Like

I feel like the missing link. Obvious really.
:hugs: Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.

Did you make it?

1 Like

Ohh yeah. Really cool. Shame the driver does not have a few of these parameters set in place, like screen back light time out etc
I saw your document you linked earlier and I was trying to work out how to do it.
Some interesting parameters that can be set

Yeah.. but still there's z-wave tool.
Glad I could help.

Yeah thanks for all that, brilliant stuff.
I almost think I would like to turn of the thermostatic mode off and rely on external sensors in each of the rooms.
I'm planning on the temps sensors around the house which can ask of demand from my boiler and I can turn on/off TRV's per room and adjust the piston percentage according to the stats. I'm sure it's the Nirvana of everyone, still a lot to do before I get there

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.