[Poll] How many C-3/C-4 people are still here?

No point to this, Just curious... :man_shrugging: Doesn't have to be in-use!

• C-3 (original Numbered Hub)
  • C-3 (original NO HE emblem on top)
  • C-4 (a little late to the party but still old)

0 voters

@bobbyD made us a group, so we can show our Flair! (thanks!)
https://community.hubitat.com/g/EarlyAdopters

3 Likes

I still have a C-4 but it is sitting on a shelf.

That still counts, please vote!

1 Like

done!

1 Like

I'm running a C4 and still have a spare C4 new in box.

3 Likes

#13 was plugged-in four years ago, yesterday. Wow!

5 Likes

My c-4 is now on my shelf of dead technology, I don't think it counts: :grinning:

C-3 #23 still doing it all for me. This summer my C-7 will probably celebrate its second anniversary still sitting unplugged on the shelf waiting for the C-3's retirement.

4 Likes

It sure does! Just means you've been here for awhile, lol.

1 Like

My C4 -all zigbee- is so stable that I've forgotten how to code HE. I run the auto-reboot once a week.

Ain't no way I'm touching that box until it blows.

8 Likes

My C3 (not numbered) is rock solid 99% of the time... get the occasional Alexa issue, some random light won't turn off (they always seem to turn on just fine) but that's about it

No C7 in my future unless (not until) the C3 dies, then I will also look at replacing my legacy ZWave (non plus) switches/outlets...

Thanks HE :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just about finished converting my C-4 (voted as such) to my new C-7 with a few Z-Wave devices left. Was tedious but worth going through my network with some cleanup and am now fully protected via the Hub Protect program.

3 Likes

Same here.

3 Likes

I am still running my C3 no label as my main hub, why? Because life is busy.

I have managed to move a lot of devices to two other C7s, but I have another C7 waiting to move the critical items off the C3.

Someday...

C4, C5 and a C7. All running different things. C7 is the main one though.

1 Like

C-4 here with a C-7 on the shelf. Can't muster the courage to migrate my Z-Wave devices.

I have a C4 installed in 2 separate locations. Both are still running strong but occasionally become unresponsive and need a reboot or power cycle to bring them back to life. I've been thinking about replacing them with C7s but am not looking forward to moving devices over.

1 Like

There are known memory issues that occur over time. Are you using any kind of watchdog app for reboots?

Older thread I started - things have changed with firmware updates so ymmv.

1 Like

Theoretically your devices should just continue to run until the internal drive fails or some fun electrical thing happens (like on mine). This is the "miracle" of actually owning the device you paid for and not Amazon/Google/Apple/Microsoft/Meta-FB etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the post link. I remember reading through it a while ago. I'm not currently using a watch dog app--any recommendations?