Please add Capability "WindowShadeLevel"

How do we ask Hubitat to add "WindowShadeLevel" support? This would be extremely helpful! Especially when integrating with Google Home.

What specifically are you looking for? The WindowShade capability already exists, and its position attribute corresponds to "level" if you're thinking about it in dimmer terms.

Thank you so much for the fast response! Google Home doesn’t recognize Shade devices as “Shades or Blinds“. They come in as switches or dimmers.

The native/stock GH integration doesn't support blinds/shades as such, but the community GH integration does.

3 Likes

Yes. Agreed. I went down that rabbit hole and ran into issues with how the community GH exposed my bali shades and my lutron switches. I reset everything and just hope that Hubitat can just add support for Blinds.

I found this link in hopes that Hubitat will just add the support for blinds:

https://developers.home.google.com/cloud-to-cloud/guides/blinds

It seems like there are a lot of really smart developers in this community and the driver is not the issue. It's simply exposing the device as a "Blind" to GH through Hubitat which appears to be a quick fix (but I don't write code).

action.devices.types.BLINDS

Any help is appreciated!

Why isn't the Google Home Community app not working? I have 7 Hunter Douglas PowerView shades added to Google Home through GHC and it recognizes everything; open, close, and position.

1 Like

They will see this thread/request. That said, I'm not sure anyone official is even working on this integration any more (at least not as a priority). There haven't been many changes in it the past year or two.

I think you have a much higher likelihood of getting what you want through the community app/integration...

I have noticed that there really haven’t been any firmware updates recently. Are they going out of business?

They who?

Hubitat just released a HUGE update that has been in the works for months.

7 Likes

Quite the opposite!

I specifically meant that the in-box BETA Google Home Integration really hasn't received many updates since its early releases. The hub itself has had TONS of updates, and new features.

It doesn't mean the in-box Google Home integration won't be updated/improved - I'm just saying it obviously isn't a high priority for the right now, so you may have more luck influencing the user Google Home integration (if it doesn't do what you need already).

4 Likes

I stand corrected. I see the update was just released today. My apologies.