physicalgraph.zigbee.clusters.iaszone.ZoneStatus (Bosch Motion ISW-ZPR1-WP13)

I am attempting to port some Zigbee devices. What would I use for the Zigbee Physical graph within Hubitat?

Change all references of physicalgraph to hubitat

2 Likes

@plantucha

Appreciate the assistance. I changed the required sections in the code but unfortunately I cannot get this user device code to work for the Bosch ISW-ZPR1-WP13.

Code I am referencing from ST is: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomasaxerot/SmartThings/master/devicetypes/tomasaxerot/bosch-motion-detector.src/bosch-motion-detector.groovy

Steps:

1. Begin pairing process
  2. Hubitat recognizes device
  3. Changed device to User Device Handler: Bosch (referenced and modified from above)
  4. Device continues to be in pairing mode

I have tried this with two Bosch motion detectors. I also attempted to use the Zigbee Generic Motion Sensor DTH too with no luck.

I know a lot of users (including myself) have a significant investment in these motion detectors. Suggestions on how to get these to work correctly?

Did the device complete the pairing process or get stuck at initializing?
You would know it completed because it would let you set the device name and give you the option to save. If it did not complete the process then changing the driver would not work and you would have to delete the device completely (from settings -> Zigbee Information) and pair again.

@stephack

It did get the the option to save. Once saved I can go into the device list and see it. I can see interval polling occuring but the device itself looks to be still in pairing mode. How I tested this is I removed the device out of Hubitat and then it found the motion sensor again. It looks as though the hubitatzigbee.clusters.iaszone.ZoneStatus may be different in how it finalizes the handshake. I don’t have this issue with ST (and I know Hubitat isn’t ST) but that is the only other largest difference is the possible Zigbee handlers from Hubitat.

I am absolutely willing to provide extensive support to get this working for the community btw.

Looks like @kewashi is having issues with this device as well.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/bosch-zigbee-motion-pir/457?source_topic_id=459

That is what I saw first and figured I would ask the development community for guidance to see how I can troubleshoot and fix a DTH to work with Hubitat. I am very interested in moving the majority of my ST to Hubitat but all my light automation is done with these devices.

One last thing I just thought of. In case you have not done so already, try doing a configure() and refresh().

I got the device to pair okay but motion doesn’t trigger the DTH. Log debug show up when you do a refresh or configure but motions and temperature don’t register. Note you have to change physical graph in two places and comment out the external education stuff. Still doesn’t work though.

@stephack - I did do this too. Nothing.

@kewashi - I am in the same boat but I am unsure if the device truly paired. Hubitat sees it but the device seems to stay in pairing mode.

you can force it out of pairing mode by opening the case and closing it again. Hubitat shows it in debug statements but the motion doesn’t register. There is a different DTH out there I saw on the Amazon user comments that I might try.

Which one is that?

Look here:

Don’t waste your time on this sensor ATM, there’s a few bits (bugs) on the zigbee side that we need to sort out.
I’m about half way though it now.

3 Likes

I have tried this DTH as well. Oh the joys. :slight_smile:

Any ideas when we might see progress towards a fix? This is holding me up from doing anything more than a single switch. The entire house is outfitted with Bosch sensors and motion control lighting.

Thanks @mike.maxwell for working on it. Look forward to your fix. Fortunately for me I only have 3 of these that I can keep in the ST side for now. I have a boat load of Ecolink ZWave motion sensors that I hope do work. Has anyone tried those?

Ecolink PIR motions are listed here:

Can you elaborate on what ZigBee bugs are still being worked out?

I’m asking from the perspective of porting device drivers for a good number of other ZigBee devices.

It’ll be fixed by the time you get to writing drivers.
Just some ZDP anomalies with zigbee devices using primary endpoints other than 1